About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Why Not Just Adopt -- adoption researcher and adoptive parent (Korea) Dawn at Creating a Family... responding to the many "why not just adopt" comments she read in response to a recent essay at the Motherlode blog

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a list of links to family blogs that recently received referrals through the China program

Birthdays for the Adoptee: Celebrations or Mourning? -- teen adoptee (China) Erin at the group teen and adult China adoptee blog One World... her thoughts and feelings about her birthday, not knowing the specific date of it

What words come to mind when you think of adoption?: A "Talk" With an Adoptive Parent Group -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... how their answers to this question highlighted their lack of awareness about adoption issues from an adoptee perspective

Adoption Math -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Heather at Production, Not Reproduction... providing a link to a NYT article and a bit of commentary about how difficult it is to pin an open adoption with a single label of success or failure

10 Things APs Shouldn't Say -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... a list of things adoptive parents should NOT say; be sure to read the comments on this one

Going Backwards to Go Forward -- adoptive momma (China) LMGNYC at La Bicicleta... on the necessity of regression

Aliens -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... thoughts about the unique experience of growing up within a family where no one looks anything like you

To All the Adoptive Parents in the Audience -- adoptive momma (China and Korea) Jennifer Hilzinger at attemptedmother... a message to adoptive parents in regards to conversations with adult adoptees [HAT TIP to Raina at Faiths & Illusions]

"Our Voices:" Twice Foreign -- guest blogger and adult adoptee (Korea) Shelise Gieseke at the group adoption blog Adoption Mosaic... on growing up Asian within an all-white world

I'm interviewing the kids -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn at this woman's work... on "talking adoption," from a child adoptee's point of view

Choices -- adoptive momma (China) Sister Carrie at Jiaozi... on mom and teen daughter working out their disagreements about Chinese language classes

3 comments:

Kris said...

i read Aliens a few days ago. really important post. i took this one deep into my heart.

have you seen this?

http://holtsurvivor.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/no-faith/

bbmomof2boys said...

10 things - loved it! I've pointed out a few things I've heard when people ask me questions or introduce Little T. "Does she know her parents?" or "Her adoptive mother brought her in for an evaluation" or "This is "C" and "T", her adoptive daugher". Hmmm....yeah - makes no sense to me either!!!

Hugs,
Carla

Dita said...

Another amazing installment of some incredible places to visit...brought right to my lap by the equally incredible TM!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank YOU!