About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Suffocated -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... on adoption grief and loss, and how isolating it feels

Secret Baby -- first mother Denise Emanuel Clemen at Birthmother... a recent news article about Sandra Bullock's "secret baby" brought forth a chuckle and memories

One of my least favorite agencies -- adoptive momma (domestic, open, transracial) Dawn at this woman's work... although I typically avoid naming agencies, this post is so excellent in explaining how agencies will combine unrealistic expectations and a lack of preparation that set parents up to fail the children they meant to serve

This is Why
-- first mother Coco at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... how a first mom first considered becoming an adoptive parent, then deciding against it

A Sense of Self -- guest blogger teen adoptee (China) Meia Yao at the Love Without Boundaries blog... on developing a sense of self when one looks one way on the outside, but feels differently on the inside

This Adoption Relationship -- adoptive momma (China) Shirlee McCoy at And Then There Were Seven... thoughts about parenting and disruption and love

Yeah, Exactly. What She Said. -- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... on how life still won't fast track if you relinquish your child because the loss is so great

My Thoughts on Mother's Day -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Charissa at Urban Goes Country... her thoughts, as an adoptive momma, on Mother's Day

adoption and loss -- adoptive momma (foster care and Haiti) Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... describing her thoughts and feelings during these first months of transition after adoption

Happy Birthmother Day or Happy Adopter Day -- first mom Cassi at Adoption Truth... her thoughts on Birthmother's Day (celebrated by some on the Saturday before Mother's Day)

1 comments:

Cassi said...

I just want to tell you that I hope you had an amazing Mother's day and that I was thinking of you today!