About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Neither, Nor (or how I learned to hate my face but lived to find some beauty in it) -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive parent (China) Raina at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on growing up as an Asian adoptee amid white America

I Am Not Your Stereotypical Asian: I Fail At Mathematics! -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... with adoptees, a lack of biological connections most often leads to identifying with stereotypes

The Beautiful Agony of Foster Care -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Christine at welcome to my brain... a beautiful tribute to her daughter's foster mother and all foster parents everywhere

Adoption Sometimes Gets All F-ed Up 101
-- adoption professional Harriet J at Fugitivus... sharing her thoughts about the challenges and ethics of adoption; be prepared for profanity AND wisdom [HAT TIP to Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds]

Crises in Adoption: Resources -- at PEAR, which is Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform... a comprehensive post about the appalling lack of resources for adoptive families in crisis, plus contact information for the few resources that DO exist

sharing my heart -- adoptive momma (China and Eastern Europe) Adeye at No Greater Joy Mom... on faith and how adoption was her daughter's only hope

Birth Mother's Day: An Adoptee's Perspective -- adult adoptee (domestic, closed) and Amy Patterson at Peach's blog Neither Here Nor There... her thoughts and emotions about "Birth Mother's Day," occurring on the Saturday before Mother's Day

A Stone's Throw -- adoptive momma (domestic, transracial) Kohana at Growing Family... on how God connects us with people, sometimes when we least expect it

I Give Up: Take My Baby -- various volunteers and staff at the River Kids blog... a foster care program in Cambodia that focuses on family preservation [HAT TIP to Raina at Faiths & Illusions]

Live From Boston -- first mother Unsigned Masterpiece... on attending her first-ever adoption conference "Adoption: Secret Histories; Public Policies" at MIT in Boston

5 comments:

Annie said...

AS always, TM, very thought provoking!!!

*Peach* said...

I love your new blog look! Blessings to you and your family!
Thanks so much for writing and being a voice in the world of adoption.

Holly said...

The PEAR group...crisis in adoption...oh I wish I had known about some of these a few years ago.
But I have it bookmarked and at least now, I know some things I didn't know before.
Thank you for posting this!

unsignedmasterpiece said...

Thanks for the link.

autumnesf said...

Great stuff! Some of it was really intense when you dig into the comments, yes?

And the Birth Mother Day? I wanted to throw up. Seriously.