About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sunday Snapshot {Easter}

I'm two days late, y'all. So sue me. *grin* I'm sure y'all have figured out by now that we at Tonggu House headed out of town for the holiday weekend. We visited Tonggu Grammy and the Colonel (those would be my parents, y'all) and, since my sister and her brood of six live just five minutes from my parents, we couldn't escape them either.

It was a fun, fun weekend, y'all.

Hence the lack of posting.

I'd share all of the details with you, but - unfortunately - I entered into Chocolate Euphoria long about Friday and haven't been able to claw my way back to reality yet. And the Tongginator? Is in a Peeps Coma, otherwise known as Sugar Shock. The husband is simply recovering from a weekend with the in-laws.

(And he totally adores you, Tonggu Grammy. I'm just kidding.)

While we had tons of fun with our Resurrection Eggs, we also needed a little bit of light-hearted fun to balance out the gall and the crown of thorns and cross carrying and such. I mean, it's important for the Tongginator to know Scripture - don't get me wrong - but reading about the crucifixion and the 10 plagues of Egypt?

Not exactly light reading for the little ones at bedtime.

The husband made the mistake of reading about the ten plagues one night last week when the Tongginator asked about Passover. And she? Had a gruesome nightmare about frogs attacking her a couple of hours later.

Ribbit. Ribbit.

Hence the need for a bit of light-hearted fun this past Easter weekend. We dyed eggs, ate tons of candy and generally focused on the simple fact that Jesus loves us.

Snickers taking the whole egg dying thing very seriously

Baby Ruth? Not so much. She love plunking the
eggs in the dye cups. And that was about it.


My sister Kit Kat trying in vain to maintain control

The Tongginator on Easter morning

With her cousin M&M during the family egg hunt ... we color
coded the eggs to make searching easier: the Tongginator
gathered pink eggs while her cousin
M&M collected purple ones

Yes, my daughter's dress fell off several
times during the day. Because we are all
about modesty here at Tonggu House.


Comparing the Loot, which was Completely Fair because
we color-coded the eggs. Unless, of course, you account
for the fact that the boys each collected 27 eggs, while the
girls gathered 19 eggs each. But they have smaller tummies.

Oh, and the boys whine more.

Hope y'all had a lovely, lovely Holy Week. We surely did. How could we not when we spent the weekend with Tonggu Grammy?

Oh, no she didn't!

Oh yes, she did!


Ni Hao Y'all

21 comments:

Aus said...

Thanks for the update - we too were out of town with the grandparents - but didn't get home until late last night to the update will have to wait another day or two....picking up the pieces of a great weekend tho - it just takes time!!

hugs - aus and co.

bbmomof2boys said...

We enjoyed the weekend as well. The weather was just perfect for an Easter egg hunt at church on Saturday and another one after church at my BIL's on Sunday. We are headed up to NY this Thursday to visit with Big T's mom and it seems we will be having a "mini" family reunion as all the brothers from NC will be there too. Yeah!

Hugs,
Carla

Desiree' said...

Sounds like you had a great Weekend!!
BTW, your momma reminds me a lot of mine. LOL

prechrswife said...

Glad you had a great weekend! And I don't think you're behind at all. I still have pics from a week ago to post, not just Easter weekend ones. :-) Hopefully I'll get it done today.

Jill said...

WHAT wonderful fun!!!
We love the resurrection eggs and candy egg combo too.
Happy (belated) EASTER!

happygeek said...

Looks like TG was having quite an up-lifting experience.

Kim K. said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend. Tonggu Grammy looks like so much fun. I don't think I've ever seen my mother on monkey bars and probably never will. Happy "belated" Easter. Thanks again for my package. Everything was perfect.

Dawn said...

Love T's dress!

I wish we'd have thought to color code eggs when we had 5 egg-hunting, frenzied kids running around. This was the first year in our house that no one wanted to dye eggs or hunt for them. Sad. Very sad.

Don't worry, though - they both made sure ahead of time that there would be filled baskets on Sunday morning! LOL

Stefanie said...

Loved this post, TM!! Looks like a most blessed Easter went down at Tonggu Grammy's ... with a whole lotta fun thrown into the mix :)
If you promise to join in, I'll promise to leave the link-y thing open a few days extra ;)

Annie said...

Looks like fun and I totally get the chocolate thing!! I never thought I could get sick of chocolate, but I think I am almost there - almost!! Hehe! I can tell that I would LOVE your Momma:) She looks like a lot of fun!

Laura L. said...

LOVE the Tongginator's dress. You can never have too many polka dots.
That Tonggu Grammy looks like one fun lady. :)

Jillene said...

It looks like you all had a great Easter. I LOVE the pics of Tonggu Grammy!! You go girl!!

Andrea said...

Color coding! brilliant! So much better than telling them to count their eggs in the middle of the search. Math and egg hunts should not exist together... until after the hunt of course.

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

what a great weekend! I'm now wondering who gets the T's hand-me-downs. . .(bc Kady would want to be at that garage sale) : ) and how to hide the cadbury creme eggs and jelly beans I got on clearance. . .

Georgia Peach said...

Now Tonggu Grammy, if you will just remember to wear that fanny pack on the correct side it won't pull you over like that! ;)

Love the photos of fun Easter activities. Tongginator's dress is GORGEOUS!

Aunt LoLo said...

Hehehe....love the "modest" dress. ;-)

Glad you had a happy Easter!! We had brunch with friends that morning, and then had a quiet day at home.

Sharon said...

wow! bEAUTIFUL pictures, dresses, family, wit, easter!! I completely agree with you about the need for some lighthearted side of Easrer. i can barely make it through that part of scripture even at my age! Came to make sure you had a lovely day!!!

Cavatica said...

Looks like a fun Easter egg hunt. This is nearly off topic, but it is somewhat Biblical. I have been coveting your "y'all" skills. You don't know how badly I would love to write "y'all" in my blog. I love the conversational style it gives your blog (and a few others I read). But I'm a northerner and it would just sound stupid, so I can't/won't do it. Instead, I am simply jealous. Just wanted to confess. Hmmm, not jealous of your TerraFail Trip or all the other amazing things you do. No, it's "y'all."

Patty O. said...

Your mom is so great! I want to be a fun and light-hearted grandma like her when I grow up!

Kristi said...

The color coded eggs are a stroke of genius! That would have been so helpful at our family egg hunt with nine kids ranging from my Darcy at three to my cousin's oldest son at ten. First Resurrection Eggs and now color coded hunts. What Easter surprise will I learn from you next?
So glad that you guys got to enjoy family time together!

The Gypsy Mama said...

You color coded the eggs. For real? Color coded? How do you spell helicopter again??

(I jest, I do. Perhaps time will come when my two figure out how to count and start pounding each other instead of the chocolate) hee hee