About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Deciding to Adopt -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... answering the question "should we adopt our third or try for another biological child?"

a Parent Asks Me about "Gotcha Day"
and More Thoughts on "Gotcha Day" (you can't replace the biological family & infant/ child adoptees are not clueless) -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... thoughts about celebrating "Gotcha Day"

Adding Insult to injury -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... speaking out against adoptive parent preaching, and verbal abuse and bullying of adoptees and first parents

Torry Hansen & the Adoption Disruption Narrative; Getting Better, Still Needs Work -- race blogger Thea Lim at Racialicious... navigating the recent news stories and how it can impact the adoption narrative for the better

being "different"
-- blogger resistance at resist racism... an answer to an adoptive parent's question of "how can I go about creating relationships with people who shared my daughter’s ethnicity?"

How To Fix Adoption: First, Respect Adult Adoptees and Canaries in the Coalmine -- adult adoptee (domestic) and adoptive parent (domestic) John Raible at John Raible On-Line... two more must-reads from John Raible

Preventive maintenance check-list for prospective adoptive parents -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive parent (China) Raina at Faith & Illusions... a check list for all who are currently considering adoption

I Am the Truth -- adoptive momma (China and Ethiopia) CW at I Will Pull This Blog Over!... a week late, from the April 15th call to share adoption stories

One Way Adoption Isn't Like Having a Biological Child -- adoptive momma (China) Joanne Bamberger at Pundit Mom... on her daughter's presentation to her class about their recent homeland trip to China

"I Wish I Had Not Been Adopted." - adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... the difference between that statement and the statement that conveys her true meaning: "I wish I had not needed to be adopted."

Teaching a Baby to Love You is a Lonely Business
-- adoptive momma (China) Jean MacLeod at Adoption Toolbox... on the sisterhood that forms between adoptive moms who parent children struggling with attachment

Forever and Ever -- adoptive momma (China) Maia at West Wind... thoughts about the media and public reaction to what happened to Russian seven-year-old Artyom Savelyev [HAT TIP to Kris at Tell Her This]

"My Child Would Have Been Better Off In An Orphanage:" Adoptive Parents' Trump Card
--
(Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... on why her (adoptive) parents read her blog

ABC Transracial Adoption Story and Internalized Racism -- adult adoptee (Korea) Gang Shik at The Transracial Korean Adoptee Nexus... on a recent ABC news story about transracial adoption

5 comments:

Raina said...

It was a busy week for excellent blog content, wasn't it??? Thanks for the links!

Kris said...

thanks for linking maia. she is a good on-line friend and i admire her tremendously.

*Peach* said...

Thanks so much for these excellent links.

LucisMomma said...

Quit choosing links that make me cry. (not really, I love your Sunday Links! Glad you do this every week)

Yes, I can see the links better, and the "clicked on" links better. Thanks. I thought if it were a problem for me, it might be for others, too.

Margie said...

Belated thanks :)