About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

LATE DUE TO A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

Where do they get these teachers? -- adult adoptee (domestic) issycat at Adopt This!... an insensitive remark about adoption from a teacher in a second grade classroom

Learning From Artyom's Plight and Sticking with a Wounded Child -- adult adoptee (domestic) John Raible at John Raible Online... absolute MUST READS (enough said)

A common misconception made by adoptive parents: "My adopted child isn't going to have issues" -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... thoughts from an adult adoptee about why avoidance is NOT the best policy

You can lead a horse to water... -- adoptive momma (China) Omega Mom... prompted by the news story about Torrie Hansen and a seven-year-old "sent back" to Russia, one adoptive momma speaks out about prospective adoptive parents with stars in their eyes

I don't know what it is like...
-- first mother birthmom1986 at Confessions of BirthMom1986... a powerful reminder for adoptive parents to absorb

Artur Lookyanov: A First Person Account of Artem's Abandonment -- adult adoptee (domestic) Bastardette at The Daily Bastardette... concise excerpts from the site of the driver/ translator who drove Artem from Domedovo Airport to the Office of the Ministry of Education

Ten Things Every Birthmother Wants Adoptive Parents to Know -- first mother and guest blogger Patricia Dischler at Adoption Under One Roof [Hat Tip to Malinda at Adoption Talk]

Special Things -- adoptive dad (China) Adrian at Forever Family... the story behind an eight foot tree trunk

The Dance -- adoptive momma (China) Wife of the Prez. at the group China special needs adoption blog at No Hands But Ours... on attachment as a dance

I'm tired of adoptive parent confessionals
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Jae Ran Kim at Harlow's Monkey... a response to the Slate article "I did not love my adoptive child"

Stuff Adopted Asian People Hear -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive parent (China) Raina at Faith & Illusions... commonly heard comments

Sweeping Generalizations in the Blogosphere
-- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... an observation after reading the comment "birth parents and adult adoptees make sweeping generalizations on their blogs [all of the time]"

Adoptive Parents Ideas' about Dealing with Racism -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... thoughts about the topic of racism and parenting a child of a race different from your own

Choosing Love -- adoptive momma (domestic and Russia) Courtney at Storing Up Treasures... on choosing love when parenting a wounded child

3 comments:

Colin and Jill Canada said...

'Yoons Blur' blogpost is a MUST read for all us adoptive parents.

Thanks for posting these links TM.

Jill

Colleen said...

Love Sunday's linkage!!!!! : ) thank you!!!

The Drinkwaters said...

I really liked "You can lead a horse to water" by adoptive momma (China) Omega Mom.

I definitely feel that many times there is not enough preparation and research taken on before by adoptive parents, or the education ends after the home study or child(ren) are placed (although I do realize this is a "sweeping generaliztion").

I feel my job as a parent is to be a strong advocate for my daughter. In order to do so, I need to be aware and cognizant of any/all potential issues, and this is a continual learning process.

BTW, thanks for the well written post on precocious puberty!