About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

School Support and Adoption -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... pondering what she WOULD like to see after fielding two comments at school that irked

Affirmative Action -- teen adoptee (China) Erin at the group China adoptee blog One World... talking about Asian-Americans, affirmative action and college admissions

mess with the identities of their adopted non-white children
-- macon d at the blog stuff white people do... delving into the recent finding that 78% of Asian transracial adoptees consider themselves white

Our Village -- adult adoptee (domestic, Chinese-American) and adoptive momma (China) Angela at the group China adoptee blog One World... introducing herself and sharing her unique perspective

Differences -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Stacey at Is There Any Mommy Out There?... on why parenting an adopted child is different from parenting a biological child

Interview Excerpts -- teen adoptee (China) Meia at Adoption. Etcetera.... some very interesting excerpts of the interview between Deann Borshay Liem (In the Matter of Cha Jung Hee) and Stephanie Wang Breal (Wo Ai Ni Mommy) about domestic adoption in China and the one-child policy

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a list of links to family blogs that recently received adoption referrals through the China program

Truthful Adoption = "Oxymoron?" What is a "Parent?"
-- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... considering the sides of pro and anti-adoption

I Can't Go Back -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Exile of Xingnan... thoughts on "moving on" post-reunion

Top 10: Chinese-American Children's Books, Ages 2-14 -- at Pragmatic Mom... a few of my favorites showed up, as well as a few unknown to me: can't wait to check them out [Hat Tip to Maryellen at A Beautiful Mess]

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the American Family link. I'm going to start following it.

PragmaticMom said...

Thank you so much for reading my post!

Pragmatic Mom