About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, April 19, 2010

Snapshot {weekend guests}

Organic Nerd must have taken pity on me... in a big way. These past few months, I've been a-whining and a-complaining about how the soap at Tonggu House must not work properly. Because OBVIOUSLY - if it worked - we wouldn't stink so much. Because if we DIDN'T stink so much, our friends would stop moving away from us to avoid the stench.

Organic Nerd and her husband moved away from us about seven years ago.

Six years? Eight?

Oh my lands, y'all... I am getting old if I can't remember a Major Detail like that.

Anyways, where was I? Ah, yes. Organic Nerd. Pity. She felt so sorry for me these past few months, she actually dragged her family down south to visit us this weekend. Although maybe it might possibly have been to stop me from whining on and on.

And on.

But whatever. I got my way. *grin*


Aren't they just a gorgeous family, y'all? And please ignore the fact that Jay is a Canadian. It's not his fault. He doesn't even drink beer all that much. And he doesn't do the curling thing either because he lives in Pennsylvania. But he IS nice to a fault. I've been trying to break him of that habit for as long as I've known him. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working.

Their children are just as sweet as they are. I'm hoping a weekend with the Tongginator might rub off just a bit. You know, to keep their lives interesting.


Elliana (four) and the Tongginator were two peas in a pod all weekend. They subjected us to blessed us with a fashion show with over two dozen costume changes. And no, the Tongginator does not own THAT many dress-up outfits. No, y'all... she's just gifted with the ability to mix-and-match creatively. She also continues to master her so-called fierce look, which she learned from my goddaughter, the professional model.


And Micah? What can I say about Micah (two) except that he is wicked smart... truly, truly smart. I think I convinced his parents of said fact after about two hours endlessly rambling on and on about how! very! smart! the boy is.


And then there is the adorable Eden. She's just six months, but a solid 20 pounds. The husband and I felt like we were walking down memory lane, despite this little one's Buddha belly. Because, although the Tongginator was nearly one when we first met her, she was developmentally assessed at a five- to six-month-old level during our first few weeks home. And little Eden? Was doing ALL of the same things the Tongginator did that March so long ago.

The Tongginator summed up our weekend less than three hours after Organic Nerd and her crew drove away. "I miss them already."

Sigh. So do I Tongginator. So do I.

Ni Hao Y'all

23 comments:

Aus said...

Now that's a weekend - just the way that it should be! Wicked is a good word too - you might even describe the whole weekend with that one!

hugs - aus and co.

Stefanie said...

Awww, those are some darling pictures... those kiddos are TOO cute!! I bet it was so hard to say goodbye! Old friends are the BEST :)

And I've gotta say, not just cute pictures, but really good pictures, TM! Look at you, rockin' the camera! You been taking a photography class in your spare time?!?

Anne said...

THREE babies?!! Oh my goodness! And the cuteness! Oh, the cuteness! Yes, I remember them as some of the nicest (and coolest) people ever too. I'm glad you had a good weekend with them.

autumnesf said...

Beautiful family. Beautiful pictures. And obviously a beautiful friendship. I just don't think it gets any better than that!

Sharon said...

Ooooh babies with squishy, smoochable cheeks are my weakness and you got to enjoy them in three different sizes! What a blessing to have such wonderful friends!

Chris said...

Sound like y'all had a wonderful weekend!!

I am so glad your friend took 'pity' on you and came down for a visit!!!
Aren't friends great like that???

And those kiddos!!!
Way too cute & adorable!!!

Holly said...

You have the coolest friends :)

Patricia/NYC said...

What a fabulous weekend you all had!! What a beautiful family!! I had to hold back from trying to squeeze the little one's cheeks right through my computer screen! ;)

Kim K. said...

What a beautiful family. I just wanted to scoop up Eden (she's only 9 pounds less than our 3 year old). She's adorable. Looks like a fabulous time was had by all.

Debby said...

Sounds like you had such a nice week-end. Those kids are so cute. My granddaughter's name is Elliana, even spelled the same. Enjoy htose memories.

Andrea said...

I need to whine a little more because we haven't had near enough friends come visit lately. ;-)

And is it just me, or did you steal Stefanie's red bench?

Paige said...

Ah, the good old Canadian jokes!!! Even though they are said as jokes, yes, a lot of it is true... we do say eh... we do like our beer and we do import most everything, at least for 10 months out of the year because it is too cold to grow much here the rest of the time!

On the other side I lived in Ohio for awhile and well, it was an interesting experience. People did ask me if I knew someone in Montreal (I live on the west coast), they told me I must be a really good curler (I've curled once in my whole life) and they didn't understand why I would ever want to come back.... to this great and beautiful country!

Anyway, I know you are joking! But us Canadians... we LOVE being Canadian and wouldn't want to live anywhere else (except in February -- Hawaii sounds nice!) or be any other way. Makes sense eh?

Janet said...

EXCUSE ME? Did you just MOCK CANADIANS? We are not opposed to kicking people's butts, you know. And I will do it. I will come down there and lay a whoopin' on you.

Okay, maybe I will just say "excuse me" and look down and say "please and thank you" a lot. ANd eat polar bear popsicles.

Good day, eh?

Carla said...

They ARE a gorgeous family...I'd love to be able to photograph those adorable children, even with the crazy hair going on. LOVE that.

Misty said...

i'm laughing so hard at your canadian friends' responses, haha!!! and your friends are gorgeous and it seems as if you had a lovely time.
i visited "home" and friends over easter weekend and it made me heartsick to leave them again. i love that you guys have such deep and heartfelt friendships/community!

Kristine said...

Thank you my fellow Canadians for standing up for us. I for one, don't drink beer BUT if I did, it would be Canadian because that American beer - yuck or so I hear!!!
On the west coast we say "hey" instead of "eh" and we are fairly nice people. A good reputation to have around the world.
Love those chubby baby cheeks - makes me want another one.......

The Drinkwaters said...

I can't blame Jay for not drinking beer, American beer is awful - he probably still remembers what good Canadian beer tastes like!

Glad you had a good visit. Wonderful friends are a treasure!

organicnerd said...

Wonderful friends ARE a treasure...you guys are the best! We had a blast too!

Annie said...

So glad they got to visit!! Their kids are just GORGEOUS!!!! Oh my goodness each one is just beautiful!! Always hard, though, when friends have to say goodbye!!!

Football & Fried Rice said...

The pictures you took are great of your gorgeous friends! I am sure they enjoyed every minute of your visit!

& that red bench looks eerily similar to the one that Stefanie takes all her kids pictures on in HER backyard :) You girls neighbors?

Nicole said...

What are you saying about Canadians, eh???

Kristi said...

Don't you just love it when you spend time with old friends, even if you haven't seen them for years, and it was like it had been just yesterday the last time you hugged their neck? Glad you guys got to enjoy your time together!

Georgia Peach said...

Well, it's fun to see photos of Organic Nerd since I follow her writing too. What a sweet family. I love the kind of friendships that can pick up right where they left off. So glad your families got to catch up.