About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Elephants in Tutus

Last week the Husband sent Mrs. Fish a quick message offering up possible dates for our next get-together. And then we didn't hear from them. For DAYS. Which is so unlike them.

Last night we learned why.

At around nine o'clock, the Husband chatted with Mrs. Fish, discovering that the Tongginator's "China cousin" Red Fish was admitted to CHOP last week. (CHOP is Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, y'all.) It seems that little Red Fish developed a parotid gland infection... one so serious, she needed to be admitted to the hospital, where she met face to face with elephants wearing tutus and polka-dotted dogs.

Yes, y'all, little Red Fish lived on morphine for a few days.

Red Fish and the Tongginator, New Year's Day, 2010

She's home now, finishing up a heavy dose of antibiotics, but I know the family would appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers. Especially since their little drug addict is missing said balletic elephants and dotty dogs.

17 comments:

Tonggu Grammy said...

Oh, poor Red Fish! I've never heard of a parotid infection only tumors so am happy that it turned out to be treatable with antibiotics. And morphine can ocassionally be good especially since the parotid rests so closely to the facial nerve. Thank God for CHOP! She is the 2nd child I know that has been blessed by that hospital and I don't live in Philly!

bbmomof2boys said...

I had to google that!! :) Thank goodness she is alright and to be on morphine? The poor baby must have been in pain! Oh, my heart hurts for her!

My prayers are with her! I hope Mr and Mrs Fish are diligent with the antibiotics to keep MRSA away.

Hugs,

Carla

Kristi said...

Praying for Red Fish as she misses her elephants, and praying for her parents as they endure...

Debby said...

I will say some prayers for Little Red Fish. That must have been really serious.
I have so many people on my list that are seriously in need of prayer. Some really awful health problems. Yesterday I wrote their names down and carried them in my pocket all day. I know a bit crazy but I wanted to be close to them.
Get better Little Red Fish.

Jboo said...

Oh -- so sorry to hear that news. Hope little Red Fish is feeling better, will keep her in my prayers!

janet

Aus said...

Prayers offered there Red Fish - feel better soon - and wow have I had some of those 'visions' when I broke my knee in particular! ;)

I don't miss mine however.....

hugs - aus and co.

Anne said...

TM, you've made my day with "balletic elephants and dotty dogs." Thank you.

Heal fast, Red Fish!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Oooh... a sick kid is never a good thing, but one who needs to be hospitalized and on morphine - YIKES!!! Send lots of good vibes to the Fish Family!

delucchi family said...

Will keep them in my prayers. Love your new blog design, did you do it yourself? I need to change mine too.
Lots of Love
Jules
xxx

Patty O. said...

Oh no! I will say a prayer, for sure. Poor kid.

LucisMomma said...

Praying for your sweet friend, Red Fish.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

OH MY GOODNESS..... Poor Red Fish...... I will definitely keep her in my prayers!!

Love the new look over here..... BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have missed coming over here for my daily dose of The Tongginator!

xo,

Lisa

Chinazhoumom said...

ok - call me crazy - but why show other peoples kids faces - but not "t"'s? Just always wondered - of course -it is your blog et al
:-)

I showed my daughter's (till we went private...) never used city or full name - or id info for the area -other than Florida...

Just wondering?
Carol in FL

a Tonggu Momma said...

Carol, Great question! Here's a link answering that question for any of y'all who are wondering about that.

http://ourlittletongginator.blogspot.com/2009/08/odd-one.html

Wanda said...

Oh no....I hope your little friend is doing better now.

BTW - love the new look. I've been MIA lately so I missed it.

Hope you're well!

Sharie said...

Poor little Red Fish. Glad she's home and doing better - thank goodness she didn't bring the elephants with her, they might have to get a bigger house.

Cavatica said...

Hope Red Fish is feeling much better soon. Sounds like a scary time... and weird.