About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

They're Real to Me -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... comparing the societal acceptance of a prospective adoptive parent's grief after a failed placement versus the societal condemnation of an adult adoptee's loss for what "might have been"

Sunday Showcase: Entitled? -- adoptive parents (domestic, transracial) Alissa and Andrew, of A+A adopt a baby, at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... detailing their views on the difference between saving a child and desiring to parent a child

The Census and Adoption -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... comments after receiving her census form in the mail earlier this week

Is There Choice??? -- first mother Cassi at Adoption Truth... detailing the ways in which coercion within the adoption industry takes place

I don't get people
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Lillie at It Came From the Cabbage Patch... wondering why it is that so many adoptive parents assume that adoptees who speak out against adoption also hate their adoptive parents

stuff white people like -- adoptive parent (foster care and Haiti) Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... on John Stewart and Ed Hardy and growing our own understanding of white culture and how that might help us navigate conversations about race

Wo Ai Ni [I Love You], Mommy, An Adoptive Tale You'll Never Forget -- Taiwanese-American John K. Lin at the group blog 8 Asians... a movie review of "Wo Ai Ni, Mommy" after viewing it's world premier

I don't want my kids to be happy
-- prospective adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Missy at It's Almost Naptime... one momma's thoughts about a friend's comment about the hit to their biological childrens' college funds

5 Adoption Myths You Shouldn't Believe -- adoptive momma (Liberia and India) Jamie at Steady Mom... detailing her opinions about five myths surrounding adoption

2 comments:

Colin and Jill Canada said...

One of my friends posted the link for "I don't want my kids to be happy" on Facebook and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now I'm off to read the articles, 'Wo ai ni' and 'A+A adopt a baby'.

You know I really appreciate you highlighting and posting these blogs/articles. I also read a piece you wrote on another blog lately and was deeply impressed. The blog was 'Adoption Etcetera' - an 18 year old adoptee's blog.

Your deep faith in God is refreshing.

Jill

Misty said...

hello TM!!! this is misty, and i'm back to blogging after an 8 mo break! just wanted to poke my nose in and say that i'm here again... i've missed reading up on all the tongginator's antics and can't wait to get all caught up!!