About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Internationally Adopted Child Immunization Waiver or Exemption -- please thoughtfully consider signing a petition in support of this bill, which would give adoptive children time to become up-to-date on their immunizations

The Ending and the Beginning -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia and China) Christie at Bushel and a Peck... a real and raw look at one family's adoption attachment journey after the long wait

two of Each -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at The Blur... thinking about her relationships with her first and adoptive parents, post-reunion

First, Do No Harm -- adoptive momma (China) and executive director of Love Without Boundaries Amy Eldridge at the LWB Community Blog... describing how - oftentimes - ideas that we think seem wonderful (in America) don’t translate to actually helping in another country

The Scent of Love -- adoptive momma (China) Shirlee McCoy at the group China adoption special needs blog No Hands But Ours... a smell brings back sweet memories

Adoption Facts Demand Infant Adoption Reform -- first mother Faux Claud at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... looking long and hard at infant adoption might cause you to think differently about adoption ethics

Rejection: An Adoptee's Worst Misfortune, An Adoptee's Worst Fear
-- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... thoughts after hearing that a fellow adoptee and friend recently experienced this after searching for her first family

More on the Sherrie Eldridge Presentation -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... three core truths that we can share with our adoptive children

Suicide and girl abandonment in China -- adoptive momma (China) Jessica Pegis at O Solo Mama... delving deeper after reading a recent issue of "The Economist" that addresses this topic

Help Me Out, Y'all -- adoptive momma (domestic, open, transracial) Shannon at Peter's Cross Station... asking for advice in how to navigate a racial teasing incident at school

To Correct or Not to Correct, That is the Question -- first mom Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... when talking with others about adoption, should you correct terms that they use to identify a child's first mom?

The Bridge -- author of "Silent Tears" Kay Bratt at Kay Bratt Uncensored... a fictional piece of work about child abandonment in China and inspired by a real-life child

5 comments:

Debz said...

Great links, it never ceases to amaze me that you can find so many links each week.

Patricia/NYC said...

FABULOUS links, TM!! I just read them ALL...necessary reads, all of them.

Elizabeth@Romans8:15 said...

Thanks for these--I look forward to seeing what you come up with every week!

YoonSeon said...

HAHA, thanks so much for linking me! My blog hasn't had many viewers lately, and I've been thinking that I should get it out there a bit more. But your linking it helped heaps! So thanks! LOL.

Betsy said...

So glad you linked to Christie at A Bushel and a Peck. Best series of posts I've read in a long time.