About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Adoption Family Trees -- adoptive momma (Russia and Guatemala) Marcie at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... helpful hints for navigating school "family tree" assignments

Moving Forward -- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... learning how to follow her daughter's request for no further contact after reunion

There Is Enough Love -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn, who regularly writes at this woman's work, as a guest blogger at Adoption Mosaic... there is enough love in her daughter to love BOTH of her mothers

I Loved This Kid From Day One, But Why? -- adoptive momma (China) Elissa at The Harrells... comparing the love she has for her daughter with the love Jesus Christ has for us all

Lessons from the Haiti Adoption Fiasco -- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy, who regularly blogs at musings of the lame, at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... explaining raw adoption truths within the media spotlight that is now Haiti

A Show of Hands
-- adult adoptee (domestic) issycat at Adopt This!... examining ethics within the adoption industry
Realistic Assessment of Skin Color
-- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... on skin color discussions with her daughters

Symbols: Chinese New Year
-- momma living in Asia BuckerooMama at Mamahood, Among Other Things... explaining some of the popular symbols of Chinese New Year

My T-shirt Today is a Solid Grey
-- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Heather at Production, Not Reproduction... describing yet another offensive adoption-themed shirt
Telling, Briefly -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... pondering when and how to tell people in real life that she is a first mother

I Thought I Was White?
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... describing a recent interaction with a Chinese-American woman in downtown Toronto (be sure to read the comments on this one)

Happy Chinese New Year! --Asian-American Jaden, of Steamy Kitchen fame, at The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen blog... explaining her family's food-related traditions during Chinese New Year, with links to some tasty recipes

5 comments:

Dita said...

Once again...you really outdo yourself with the Sunday Linkage!

thank you for offering so many different points of view all tied up in a neat little package for the lazy among us...like ME!

rosemary said...

All good links as usual but you were right the comments under Mei Ling's blog were fascinating!

Heather said...

I am rudely late with this, but I wanted to thank you for including my post. I'm honored!

Elissa said...

Ditto what Heather said-- I'm WAY behind, but I'm also honored by the link! :)

Elissa said...

Ditto what Heather said-- I'm WAY behind, but I'm also honored by the link! :)