About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Heart-breaking, Yet Not Surprising
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Jae Ran Kim at Harlow's Monkey... a brief commentary and excerpt, with link, to a recent article in the LA Times that interviews one of those convicted for child trafficking in Hunan Province [if the link no longer works, check out this post over at Neither Here Nor There ... Peach always reposts important adoption-related news articles, in full, at her blog]

A Gathering of Love
-- foster momma living in China Carrie at Love Grows Here: The New Day Foster Home Blog... a glimpse at the party the foster home threw for 150 of their domestic sponsors

1 Year Out -- adoptive dad (Ethiopia) D at Around the World and Two Kids... reflecting back on lessons learned during their first year parenting their daughter

hole in the Sky II -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at The Blur... about the negative and dark emotions that come with adoption: they aren't ALL she feels, but she still needs the freedom to express them

Amazing Dinner with Strangers No Longer -- adoptive momma (China) LMGNYC at La Bicicleta... a conversation about love and adoption with six Chinese-Americans during a community dinner

Letter to a child -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive momma (China) Raina at Faiths and Illusions... writing a letter to herself as a child, from the adoptive momma she soon will become

All You Need is Love -- first mom Cassi at Adoption Truth... thoughts after hearing the quote "if I loved my child any less, I'd still have him with me"

The Rescue Motivation -- adoptive momma (China) Flamingo Mama at 1 Crazy Journey... explaining the difference between adopting a child and "saving" a child

Born From the Heart: In Response to Nobody's Child, Chapter Three "When Were You Born?" -- teen adoptee (China) Julia at the group adoption blog One World: Chinese Adoptee Links Blog... discussing her birth, both literal and symbolic

degaje
-- adoptive momma (Haiti) Kristen at RAGE against the minivan... the Haitian Creole phrase degaje (make it work) sums up their first week with their new son

Grief -- my imaginary friend the Queen B... coping with a sense of loss after finding out this week that their adoption will probably not happen

4 comments:

She Writes said...

This looks like a heavy week of reading, but I choose the one on grief.

Lindy said...

Love the articles. Much food for thought. It would help if each article opened in a separate window. That way I could click on the ones I wanted to read all at once.

Dita said...

Once again, TM, you amaze me with the time and patience you take to gather and lay these different points of view at our feet.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Raina said...

Oh my! After a lifetime of indifference toward my "adoptive issues" I'm still amazed anyone reads my blog.