About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

The Dangerous Desire to Adopt Haitian Babies -- adoptive parent (foster care) atlasien at Upside-Down Adoption... atlasien describes and admonishes the behavior from this past week that got even me riled up enough to write a blog post on Haiti [RQ addicts: don't go here unless you plan to do so with an open mind]

education & awareness -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at The Blur... examining how adoption is the one life event, steeped in loss, where people offer congratulations and "that's great" comments

You Can't Buy Chinese Culture -- adoptive momma (China) Maryellen at A Beautiful Mess... thoughts after watching a You-Tube interview of Frank Wu, from an excerpt of the movie "Adopted"

Talking to Your Child About Money in Adoption
-- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... a recent post at Grown In My Heart has Malinda pondering how to talk with her girls about adoption agency fees and orphanage donations

I'm Legit: Adoption Video -- adult adoptee (Korea) Mama King at 4 Crazy Kings... she's in the video, y'all, wearing a pink scarf!

Miracle on Social Network: Facebook Adoption Group Finds Family in Record Time
-- first mother FauxClaud at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... FauxClaud watched as an on-line group found an adoptee's first family in about a day

Fostering and Taxes: How We Parented and She Got Paid
-- foster momma and guest blogger Blue in TX at the group adoption blog Adopt-a-tude... her take on finances and taxes within her state's foster care system

The Best Chinese Restaurants in the U.S. -- Asian-American blogger Tim at the group blog 8Asians... a list of the top 100 Chinese restaurants in the United States, which was announced at the sixth annual awards ceremony in Las Vegas

Whites Make Pact With God, Expedite Haitian Adoptions -- adult adoptee (Korea) Outlandish Remarks... a detailed critique of the emotional response the media and public often take during a tragedy such as this - and why that is dangerous to do

Xie Xie -- adoptive momma Eileen at the group China-adoption special needs blog No Hands But Ours... a momma processes her thoughts about foster care

Amazed and Awed: View from an Adoption "Doula" -- foster parent living in China Carrie at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... her unique viewpoint while watching conversations between new adoptive parents and the child's caregivers

6 comments:

*Peach* said...

Your links are always so insightful ~ thank you so much for doing this for everyone. It is a great thing. Have a good week!

Daisy Dreams said...

I think this is the first time I've read your blog (although I see your name in comments of blogs I've followed!) and I always find it "food for thought" to read posts such as you have linked to. Thanks!

Mama C said...

I really appreciate your thoughtful laying out of differing and important opinions in the ether. You inspire me--as I often want to do the same, but haven't know how to preface it with such a clear disclaimer--as in I don't have to agree or not--but I find them worthy.
I am a fellow adoptive parent trying to create a forum for necessary conversations around all things race, transracial, adoptee/adoptive and birth mother to name a few.

The Straight's said...

Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

as always I love your links!!!!

Dita said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me with these, TM......NEVER!