About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

A Five-Year-Old Boy -- adoptive dad (China) Johnny at So it's come down to this... thoughts about his son's assigned birth date

The Memory of Loss -- adult adoptee and adoptive momma (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... thoughts after her five-year-old son asked her, "Mommy, what will happen to me and (his sister's name) if you and daddy die?"

More Than "I Love You"
-- adoptive momma (China) Kimberley at The Seventh Diamond... wading through the differences between secure attachment and insecure attachment

Adopting a Child From Haiti Post-Earthquake -- adoptive momma (Korea) and adoption researcher Dawn Davenport at Creating a Family... why adoption is not the first solution at the moment and ways in which you CAN help

Girl Scout Fail
-- adoptive momma (China) Autumn at Autumn Asks Why... such a simple thing, trying to join a Girl Scout troop in their new town, becomes complicated because of anxious attachment and a lack of diversity

Píngguǒ. 苹果. -- adult adoptee (China) Meia at Adoption. Etcetera... thoughts about Mandarin classes when she was younger [HAT TIP to Malinda of Adoption Talk]

4 comments:

Ramona said...

I have no idea how I found your blog but I'm so glad I did. We adopted our daughter from Taiwan in July 2008. To this day, our baby girl can fill our hearts with so much warmth and love with the tiniest little gestures - a sideways smile, a funny word, etc. We cling to this because we continue to deal with her sensory integration disorder (hurts herself, etc.). I've yet to find someone who can fully understand UNTIL I read your blog.

I will be reading your blog from start to finish in this next week. Thank you.

Debz said...

Thanks for the links!
I'll have to go make a coffee and sit for a bit.

She Writes said...

So little time, so many good looking links!

xxAmy

Peripatetic said...

I do not exactly consider myself an "adult" adoptee as I'm still in high school (even if I am 18), but thanks for linking to my site!!