About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, January 18, 2010

The Note

Last week, when I walked in to volunteer in the Tongginator's classroom, Ms. Confetti had all of the children working at their tables. The Tongginator SO wanted to tell me something, but she also didn't want to get in trouble, so she wrote and then passed me a note.

Oh, yes she did.

It seems she felt VERY concerned about what snack would be when we got home. Because her tummy hrded. And her tummy hrded because...


Believe me, y'all, when I say that this was a Tragedy Of Major Proportions. I mean, it required the passing of a classroom note. And now I can't help but fast forward ten years to a time when the tragedy will no longer be a lunch room mishap and will instead be some Young Love Affair gone south. And that the Tongginator will be passing the note to someone other than me.

Which reminds me, the Tongginator's boyfriend had exploratory surgery last week. Please pray for quick healing and a clear answer for the doctors. We adore little Zee and want him back in class as soon as possible. The Tongginator misses rubbing his arm all day. And accidentally kissing him.

Plus, who else can she pass notes to when I'm not around?

21 comments:

autumnesf said...

All over the place PLACE??? Egads!!!!!

Hey- heres a fun rule. When they leave notes in their pockets when you are doing laundry. They are fair game.

But its not for the faint of heart. You might not want to know! LOL!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Awww....that note was so cute!!

Sorry to hear about Zee.....hope everything went well and that he has a speedy recovery!

Have a great week!

xo,

Lisa

Aunt LoLo said...

That extra [PLACE] really adds credence.

Tonggu Grammy said...

Uh-Oh! Food is VERY important to the Tongginator so the mishap must have caused great distress to our princess. Glad I wasn't the lunchroom monitor. Hope you gave her a GREAT snack upon arrival at home. Otherwise, she can come to Grammy's where she can have whatever she wants.

blackbelt said...

Love. It.

bbmomof2boys said...

TG - you crack me up!

Food - something that is near and dear to Little T's heart too! And to my son's heart..err stomach because all he does is eat.

So, she's already passing notes in class huh? YOU are in for some serious trouble as she gets older!! bwhahahahaha!!!!

Hugs,
Carla

Nicole said...

It makes me happy to think of kids still passing notes in class. Remember writing pages upon pages of the tragedy that is thirteen year old life? "He doesn't even know I'm ALIVE."

I hope that all is well with that little boy and his family.

Kayce said...

So dang cute! We'll be keeping the bf in our prayers.

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

I am so glad my oldest is a boy. Boys don't pass notes. . .that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! As for Kady, well, Kev's already checking out convents. . .seriously.

Girly Girl Mommy said...

That's great! I have a little stash of notes I have found in my 1st grade daughters backpack. Some to me, some to friends that were never sent. I love seeing her thought process and spelling and know she'll love looking back on them one day too. Save that note TM!!
And what did you have for snack??

Janet said...

My tummy would hrd if my mac and chees spild all over the place too. PLACE

Poor kid!

Wanda said...

What a cute note (and an even cuter kid)!
:)

Sarah said...

I can't believe she passed you a note! I guess it's better than screaming "HEY MA," I won't bother to tell you who would've done that.

Sharie said...

So much more polite than mine who would have just yelled to the lunch room worker that she needed more food - cause heaven knows she is NOT going to go hungry:)

What is it with 5-year-olds and rubbing of arms. Amelia 'loves' her boyfriend because his skin is so soft, 'it's even more softer than mine' she tells me. Oh and she didn't accidently kiss him - nope it was deliberate! But on the cheek:)

Debz said...

Awww how cute is that!

The Source said...

Poor little Tongginator! It IS a tragedy of drastic proportions to have your mac and cheese spill all over the place in kindergarten! I mean, how embarrassing! I hope she got to munch on some broccoli when she got home!

We'll say a prayer for her little fellow, too.

Patty O. said...

Wow, your girl has amazing writing skills! And I think it was pretty smart of her (and advanced) to think to pass a note. Not all kids realize the communicative advantages to note writing. She's a smart one!

Myrnie said...

Aw, melt my heart :)

Kristi said...

I'm blown away at her writing, both the way she organizes her thoughts on paper, and her penmanship!
And she passed Mommy a note? How stinkin' cute is that?
Prayers going up for Zee!

CC said...

she's already writing all that???

wowzers

Dita said...

Now THAT is the most adorable thing and I'm with CC...I can't BELIEVE she's already writing all that AND that she had the wherewithall to actually pass you a note.

Super Rainbow Girl that one is!