About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top Ten Photos of 2009

Last year I participated in a little carnival in which bloggers post their top ten photos for the year on New Year's Eve. I, being a non-photographer who refuses to post face shots of my family, decided this idea fit me to a tee. Because I'm obnoxious like that.

I had so much fun last year, I decided to torture y'all again this year, even though I don't think the carnival is a-happening again. Now, I must confess that these are NOT my absolute favorite shots from the year, but they ARE my most favorite shots that don't show the faces of Tonggu family.

#1 Chinese Opera, An Acquired Taste

Cinnamon (or is it her twin sister Spice?) comforts the
Tongginator during the musical stylings of the Queen
Mother of Heaven in "Monkey: Journey to the West"


#2 Running Away... For No Apparent Reason

The Tongginator proves - yet again - like mother, like daughter.


# 3 Cha Cha Girl Brings Down the House

Cha Cha Girl, center stage, cracks up the audience... several times


#4 Rolling In... er... On Good Wishes

The Tongginator receives her treasured 100 Good Wishes Quilt,
a very special regional custom within some Chinese provinces.



#5 There Are No Words, Which Is Rather Strange
on a Holiday Celebrating our Nation... A
Nation Revered for it's Freedom of Speech

Seriously, who can forget the Precision Lawnchair Marching Dads?


#6 I'm Sleeping Beauty, not Sleeping Around Beauty!

At age five, the Tongginator proves that one is
never too young to toss up one's skirts. And at a
neighborhood Easter Egg hunt, no less.


#7 Sitting Like a Lady

Lessons in deportment, posture and
manners began the following day.


#8 Assuming the Position

This is how the Tongginator falls asleep each and every
night (or day, as the case may be). She's smelled Doggy since
she was 15 months old... and it never fails to melt my heart.



#9 The Backpack Is Almost Bigger Than She Is

The Tongginator's first day of kindergarten. She
did wonderfully. Her momma? Not so much.



#10 In Twelve Years, This Will be a Car

The Tongginator received her first Big Girl Bike for Christmas.

If any of y'all would like to join in, just leave a comment. If enough people play, I'll even stretch my meager brain to tackle the whole Mr. Linky thingy. Happy New Year's Eve, y'all! May 2010 bring blessings and love to you and yours.

Edited to add: Mr. Linky is down today, so I'm just adding the links the old-fashioned way. If you join in, send me an email or comment and I'll add you to the list.

Adoption & Fire

Elouise82 at Child of Grace
Buckeroomama
Our Daily Big Top
Holly at A Purpose Driven Life
Annie at Cornbread & Chopsticks
Big Sister Monica at Journey with Reese
Sara at Football & Fried Rice

28 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

What a neat way to end the year --with a look back at the Top 10 photos! Sure, I'd love to participate... but only 10?

Have a happy new year!

happygeek said...

I'd play, but we have a no photos (not even of backs) rule now at the house so all I have is pics of the snow and my cupboards and the are my usual level of mediocrity at that.
But I liked looking at yours. And the strange green substance on the lawns in your neighbourhood. That's a sight that has not been seen since mid October round here and won't be till March.
I miss the strange green substance.

KiT said...

I LOVE the pic of the Tongginator sleeping with Doggy. My B sleeps with "blanket" right on her face like that.

I did a slide show with a pic of my girls from each month. I may have to go back and find my "top 10 pics" as well. Gotta hit that Hanna Andersson sale first though! ;)

Briana's Mom said...

LOL! Miss T has had quite a year! I love it! Thanks for allowing me to come to your blog this past year and for always giving me a giggle.

I didn't do a top ten photo post, but I did do a video montage of Briana in 2009. Over the top - absolutely. I am crazy about my girl, what can I say? LOL!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!!!

Football & Fried Rice said...

Oh, I am so in!! I love this idea (you are SO not obnoxious :)) heh. Might not get mine done until the eve on the first, but I can't wait to look through mine!

happy New Year!

Blue said...

Re: Pic #10:
This is why we from the great white North have no pity for you in the mid-Atlantic when you get dumped on with snow. Because even if you get two feet of snow in a winter storm, all YOU have to do is wait. Two days, three days later, - a week, tops - IT GOES AWAY. Grab a book and some cocoa and spend a few days on the couch and then, voila! back to dry pavement and 40 degrees.
Our snow stays put for FIVE MONTHS. (assuming that Oct snow doesn't stick and that Apr. snow only sticks for a while). I really do miss dry winter pavement. Not the traffic, but the mild winters. G & M's new bikes are in the garage.... where they'll stay until May.

Kim said...

Very cute! I love your sense of humor!!

Gail said...

Love them ALL, but the cha cha one is my fav!

Have a Happy and healthy New Year TM!

Elouise82 said...

Great pictures! I didn't quite do a top ten, but I did pick one picture from each month of the past year ... does that count?

jen@odbt said...

I remember all these moments. I think cha cha girl and running away have to be in my top 10 too. Oh and the #6 and 7...how did you pick? They're all great.

Wanda said...

Great pics of what was a great year. Just imagine the next one!

Happy New Year to you!

Wanda (At Last...)

The Things We Carried said...

I love the idea and may just have to do it! I need to look at my pictujre files.
I LOVE the back pack!

Aus said...

Wow - what a great bunch of posts to wrap up the year! And we'd never skip a post about you guys - sorry - but we don't find you boring!

Only the best wishes to you guys in 2010 - have a wonderful year!

hugs - aus and co.

somebodyneedsanap said...

FUN photos!!!

Not sure if I want to join or not. It would require LOTS of photo editing today..but with my newly broken 4th toe...what else am I going to do? Walking hurts, so there goes cleaning. ;)

Kristi said...

My favorite of those is the 4th of July shot ~ if you could crop out the lawn chair background it would have serious calendar contest potential...
I'd play along, but limiting myself to just 10 would be so very hard. And wow, today is all I have left to sort through them...

Wendy said...

Love all of the photos! Thanks for the great idea. I have done my top 10 of 2009. It was hard to choose just 10! :o)

Happy New Year to you!!

Lisa said...

Wishing you all a bright, joyous and adventurous New Year!

I can't wait to follow along with your year to come! :)

Hugs!

Mahmee said...

Very, very nice. Happy New Year.
M.

Patty O. said...

Great pictures!!

Debbie said...

Loving your photos! I have enjoyed getting to know you so much:)

delucchi family said...

What a great idea!! Love the photos, nice to see some for a change, even if no faces :-)
Happy New Year to you and yours
Love Jules
xxx

Monica said...

Our Top 10 pics.

http://kaijinsbigsis.blogspot.com/2010/01/top-ten-photos-of-2009.html

Awesome idea, Tonggu Mama!

Monica
Big sis to Reese

Annie said...

What a great idea!! Is it too late to join in? We have been out of town with no computer (yikes) but if I can get caught up, would love to post my top ten!

Annie said...

OK, got mine up, plus some! LOL!! Really a nice idea, TM.

Colleen said...

Too stinkin adorable!!! I am loving the running away from home LOL I used to run away all the time LOL

Michelle said...

Great year in review!!

Aunt LoLo said...

Good times, good times...

CC said...

adorable pics. Well, you saw my photo collage. So that would be my top 20?