About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Guest Author: Honoring Our Children's Culture -- missionary in China and adoptive momma (China) Heidi guest blogging at A Bushel and a Peck... discussing how her family navigates honoring the Chinese culture while still remaining committed to their Christian faith

"Find My Family:" An Adoptive Parent Responds -- adoptive momma (China) Lisa guest blogging at the group adoption blog Adopt-A-Tude... her thoughts and emotions after watching the ABC reality show that centers on adoption reunions (lots of food for thought in the comments on this one)

Fending Reactions to ABC's "Find My Family" -- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... another perspective about ABC's new reality show that centers on adoption reunions

Lucky Girl -- adult adoptee (Korea) Sang-Shil at Land-Of-The-Not-So-Calm... responding to the word lucky, as it relates to adoption

The Ultimate Sacrifice -- first mother Cassi at Adoption Truth... looking at a picture from her past leads her to describe how that girl - herself before - disappeared forever because of adoption

Racial Teasing & Identity in Transracial Adoptees -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... highlighting one of the most important findings of the recent Evan B. Donaldson report

A River Town -- an anonymous guest writer at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... remembering her daughter's first parents during a birthday celebration

Culturally Insensitive Adoption Expert -- adoptive momma (China) Awesome Cloud's Mom at Zhe Shi Wo Ying... a mom reacts to a recent conversation with a professional at an adoption clinic about language development

Woman abandoned in Fairfax as a baby finds her rescuers -- staff writer Michael Ruane at The Washington Post... a college student reaches out via Facebook to the two people who found her when she was abandoned as a newborn

What Was It Like Becoming a Single Mom? -- adoptive momma (China) Catherine at Catherine's Chatter... musings about becoming a single mother after just one month home

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Great links this week. Some really hard stuff to weed through - good thing I've had all morning to read, what with all the snow my guys are out shoveling :)

I particularly appreciate the one about honoring culture. We are feeling settled and "normal" enough now to tackle some of these questions and it's one I'll go back to over and over to navigate our own way of living as a dual-cultured family . . .

Thanks as always :)

autumnesf said...

Some really brain busting stuff this week. Thanks so much for sharing. And if I haven't said so before, I really get alot out of these Sunday posts. Thanks again.