About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Yes, I Gave Up My Baby -- first mother Cassie at Adoption Truth... how it feels to be viewed as a great soul for giving up your child

Interview with Talitha Piper -- Christian blogger Olivia at Nobody 416... Olivia interviews a Christian adult adoptee (transracial, domestic) Talitha about faith and adoption

"They Will Return To You" -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at China Adoption Talk... how false promises might affect consent in international adoption

Searching: How To Get Started -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... how to start a search for your child's first parents

"Find My Family" on ABC -- adult adoptee (domestic, closed) Lillie at It Came From The Cabbage Patch... her response to complaints from adoptive parents about this show

To His Forever Family -- adoptive momma (China) and missionary living in China Heidi at Moms, Ministry and More... a young child, found wandering alone at the SaiGe shopping center, touches the heart of this writer

Addendum -- adult adoptee (Korea) and licensed social worker Jae Ran Kim at Harlow's Monkey... thoughts about racism and racial discrimination after reading through the recent report issued by the Evan B. Donaldson Institute

December 1, 2009 -- adoptive momma (China) Lighthousegal at Lighthousegal's Scrap Shack... looking at the parents in the shadows on her daughter's birthday

Aha Moments at Adoption Conferences: An Adoptee's View -- guest contributor adult adoptee (domestic, closed) Gian M. Schauer at Adopt-a-tude... her transition from wishing to adopt an older child to wishing to search for her own inner adopted child

a lot of ramblin' -- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him... what she would have done... and not done... in order to adopt a child

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) The Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a list of families who received referrals from the China program this month

Cultural Exchange: One Plus One Does Not Equal Two -- adoptive momma (Korea) Carissa at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... the blessings and challenges that come with having an exchange student from the country of her childrens' birth

6 comments:

discombobulated said...

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary.

My brain hurts just from reading the first link. Please e-mail me. I have a question for you.

Football & Fried Rice said...

I always LOVE reading the BABIES posts on RQ :)

Wendy said...

Thanks for doing this every Sunday. After I get Cat into bed, I always read the articles you post. It's like reading the Sunday paper for me!

discombobulated said...

excited for you! Just saww they are almost through March!

Stonefox said...

Cool! Just catching up and saw your links :)

Dita said...

How EVER do you do this?
Have I told you lately that you AMAZE and Inspire me?