About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Killing Christmas Carols

We went Christmas caroling with a few members of our church last Friday night, y'all. And I have to say that the Tongginator is taking after her momma. Because when we sang Twas The Night Before Christmas (yes, it's a SONG, too, not just a poem), the Tongginator totally belted out the line, "while virgins and sugarplums danced in their heads."


Makes a momma proud... especially THIS momma, whose reputation precedes her. I hate to admit this, but my propensity to alter the words of Christmas carols makes everyone around me wince with pain. And on that note, which is slightly off-key AND flat...

The Tonggu House Christmas Letter for 2009
sung to the tune of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

(and congrats again to Chelsea for correctly guessing the carol!)

Two thousand nine flew by so fast, it seemed like such a blur
Despite our long adoption wait, forty-two months endured
This fall, our Miss T started school; much learning did occur
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

We marked the year by holidays, from New Years to Advent
and in between was Valentine's, Moon Festival and Lent
With Chinese and American, our parties are frequent
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

We saw the Fish Fam several times; the girls had tons of fun
In May we toured DC with them and we saw Marine One
In Philly we swam like the fish and went to watch penguins
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

This year Hubs hit a milestone; he turned the big four-oh
He still loves his job at The Borg (that's what we call guess-o)
He loves to drive his hybrid car: the tank rarely gets low
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

Meanwhile TM goes stir crazy, awaiting China news
She volunteers to keep busy and blogs to avoid blues
She misses her dear kinder-girl, but not the toddler twos
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

And our Miss T keeps us laughing; she always draws a smile
Princess Butterfly Rainbow Girl: she has a unique style
Smart as a whip and stubborn, too; teen years will be a trial
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

The swine flu hit our house this fall; TM was sick six weeks
Her asthma really complicates - it makes us want to shriek
But Hubs held down the fort so well: a cooking, cleaning freak
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

We saw a ton of relatives, though KK moved near dad
Hub's Mom, Cousin C, Aunt Nancy - catching up, we felt glad
We even saw Cousin SB at Great Aunt P's lake pad
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas... Christmas
Oh-o, blessings to you this Christmas.

23 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Standing up and clapping as hard as I can -- BRAVO!! :) That was a good one!

Have a very blessed Christmas!

Stefanie said...

Are you kidding me? How long did that take you to write????
You're AMAZING, woman!!

Rhonda said...

Ah, but the important question, does your letter have the hyperlinks to the posts in question? ;)

Tonggu Grammy said...

Rhonda, the answer is "NO!" and I, for one, would like to know why?

bbmomof2boys said...

Cute TM, cute!

Hugs,
Carla

jen@odbt said...

So creative. Merry Christmas!

happygeek said...

So now that the letter is all done and sent
what will you do with yourself for the rest of advent?
I suggest pounds of choclate at least till lent
Oooh have a merry Christmas, Christmas,
Oh Have a Merry Christmas!

Kristi said...

I am blown away by your ability to change up a ditty to fit your life! What fun (and thanks for the links ~ I totally got lost in them while all was quiet in my house this morning!)

Sharie said...

Oh OOO WOW that's good!

Aus said...

Mahvalas dahling - simp.lee.mah.vah.las!

hugs and thanks for the year in review!

aus and co.

Michelle said...

Wow!! Great Christmas letter!! Not only did you rhyme it and write it, but you included the links, too. Impressive!

I hope you and the entire Tonggu family have a wonderful Christmas!! I pray it is your last as a family of three and that next year your Christmas poem includes something along the lines of baby bottles, changing diapers and sweet baby talk. Merry Christmas!!

Shanna said...

That is NUTS! I love it! You ROCK!

prechrswife said...

I am impressed. I didn't even attempt a letter this year. We did get the cards out, though.

Patricia/NYC said...

I'm IMPRESSED!!!!! Very creative & yes, I did sing it all!! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, my friend, may ALL your Christmas dreams comes true!! (especially the BIG DREAM!!)

HUGS!!

Gail said...

Love it TM!!!! you constantly amaze me...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! May 2010 be a blessed and happy one for your family.(with your new little one at home)

Briana's Mom said...

LOL! That was amazing. Merry Christmas!

Football & Fried Rice said...

You are so creative. Makes me a little jealous. It has been QUITE the year for you!!

& apparently the tongginator too :)

Annie said...

Wow!!!! Never in a bizillion years would I have been able to so that!!! Wonderful!!!

Wanda said...

Wonderful fun! ( Your reputation as a nut-ball remains intact.)

Merry Christmas!

mommy24treasures said...

I have been on a bit of a bloggy hiatus, but wanted to come say Merry Christmas to one of my fav bloggers:)

Leah and Jake said...

I am so impressed. That is amazing.

Have a very, merry Christmas.

Special K said...

In all of that... I'm most excited that you incorporated the word penguins in your letter/song. LOL!

Aunt LoLo said...

Umm....I'll just admit right here that I didn't read this post. I'm waiting so I'll be surprised when I get to read the real letter. ;-)