About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Little Corner of Christmas

Since last year so many of y'all could! not! believe! Tonggu House boasts an authentic fra-gi-le lamp, I thought I'd redeem myself by showing you a much larger picture of Christmas in our home. For those of you visiting from the lovely Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes, don't let the leg lamp scare you.

Please. I promise I can be classy when the occasion warrants it.

Although I must confess that usually I teeter just a step above klassy. And yes, there is a tremendous difference between the two... case in point: the leg lamp. But - truly - my beloved lamp simply pays homage to one of my all-time favorite movies, A Christmas Story, as well as my rather quirky sense of humor.

But I am more than the leg lamp, y'all. I AM MORE THAN THE LEG LAMP!

Alright, now that I've scared off more than half of you, let's pretend you're just now entering Tonggu House. And I should offer up a small disclaimer: my classiness leaves once you step beyond the living and dining rooms, so today we'll just hang out in there. Never fear - I'll take you on a virtual tour of the rest of the house all this week.

our Christmas wreath

Mrs. Claus greets the little ones in the foyer.
She's pretty popular, though I can't imagine WHY.

our themed tree

A closer look at our tree ... I hope y'all can guess the theme now.
If not, click on the photo collage for a larger image
and if you STILL
can't figure it out, grab some coffee to wake up, then check again.
(I'm nothing if not blunt ... and klassy.)

Another hint as to that mysterious theme. Got it now?

Aahhh ... Christmas themed wedding presents ... one of the
many benefits of inconveniencing your entire family and clan
of friends by marrying in the hectic month of December.

The framed playbill is pretty special to me. We pull it out
every Christmas because I performed in the original play
"The Ghosts That Saved Christmas" with the Newport
Children's Theater in December, 1985. I was a reindeer,
y'all. Oh yes, I was. (See? I told you - klassy.)

my favorite nativity

the infamous snowman collection
hiding out in my dining room


Okay, so the snowmen might be inching toward klassiness... I'll stop while I'm ahead. Thanks, y'all, for braving the leg lamp. And be sure to stop by Nester's place for a ton of other Christmas tours.

23 comments:

Carly said...

Lovely - thanks for sharing. I especially love the wreath on the front door and the Willow Tree Nativity - it's my favourite too!

Kristi said...

I'd love to see your other Nativity sets! I started collecting traditional ones from other countries a few years ago. Still looking for one "made in China..."
And do you only have the one tree? What happens to ornaments that don't make the theme cut?

Jill said...

I always know when I come to your blog I am going to smile! I love that about you! :)
What a beautiful home and decorations you have! I LOVE the wreathe on your front door and the snaowman collection!

Buckeroomama said...

I love your themed Christmas ornaments. If you know my real name, you'll know why. :)

prechrswife said...

Love the pictures. We have the Willow Tree nativity, too. I'm still collecting pieces. And I still think the leg lamp is hilarious!

Aus said...

Well - thanks for the visit - I look forward to seeing the virtual tour of the rest of your home in the future!! I'm also very afraid that we have much the same sense of humor - but it's all good!

But I've just got to ask - a menorah in proximity to a Nativity set....humor here or just a respect for our varied cultures? ;)

And I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on the lamp - I (even if no one else) LOVE IT!!

Hugs - and Blessings on your house!

aus and co.

Desiree' said...

Ok, you must reveal where you got the lamp...I must have one!! My husband will die of course but hey, that's his price to pay for marrying the ultra classy me!!

Kayce said...

Everything looks so beautiful!! Quite festive and just beautiful! I love your Christmas binder..ingenious!!!

Laura L. said...

It's always fun to see how others decorate for Christmas. Thanks for sharing your klassiness. :)
I like your snowman collection. I have them all around my house too. I like how you've grouped them all together. They look so holly and jolly.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your home is just beautiful. May many wonderful Christmas memories be made within its walls.

Our home is having an old fashioned handmade Christmas this year. I hope you will stop by.

3 Peanuts said...

Love it all...very KLASSY! We too were married in December and received some Christmasy gift--my favorite ...a nativity.

A menorah? Do you celebrate Hanukah too?

Annie said...

LOVE it!!! Got to show this to hubby, whose all time fav Christmas movie is A Christmas Story!!!! LOL!! You are a hoot!!

The Source said...

I love the leg lamp! Too funny. And your ornaments on the tree are lovely.

Thanks for sharing your special Christmas items!

jen@odbt said...

That is my husband's favorite xmas movie. I was going to ask about the menorah too. I did not know you celebrated both holidays.

Marianne@Songbird said...

I love the lamp! Any house needs a little humor in the decorating too.
But your 'serious' decorations are very nice too1

Myrnie said...

I have the Willow Tree nativity too- it was a series of gifts over a few years from Aunt LoLo, my husband, his parents...I love it. (I finally got it out this year, thinking it would be safe on top of the piano, but I found Mimi banging out a tune on the keys with the little black lamb after breakfast today. Not good!)

Love the theme- it's a good theme!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The house looks beautiful.....love all your Christmas touches....especially the leg lamp....FRAGILE!!! We have a leg lamp that gets passed around the family each year....If you are the recipeint of the leg, it must be displayed in a place of honor for the entire holiday season:)

Lisa

Cindy said...

love your Christmas decor, all of it Really love the wreath on your door!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Briana's Mom said...

Love all your Christmas cheer! Your tree is so pretty. I LOVE the leg lamp. :)

planetnomad said...

LOVE the leg lamp!! That's one of my fav Chr movies. We really need to get it.

Laryssa Herbert said...

Thanks for showing us around. You are welcome to see my home anytime. Merry Christmas!

beautyinallthings said...

So festive! I am stopping in from Nester's place. To see my tour click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog.

SAHSHA said...

I love the First Noel sheet music!!
-Sahsha's Mummy