About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

"Find My Family:" Exploitative? Or...? -- adult adoptee (domestic) Susan at ReadingWritingLiving... a descriptive and often funny post describing the first episode of ABC's new show Find My Family

outside in -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) luna at life from here: musings from the edge... an adoptive mom ponders friendships with other moms after attending a local playgroup for the first time

Denying the Homeland: The Americanization of Ma WeiHong -- adoptive momma (China) redmaryjanes at the group China-adoption special needs blog No Hands But Ours... watching her daughter, adopted at an older age, navigate life during her first year with her new family

Adoption awareness month and Thanksgiving -- adult adoptee (Korea) girl4708 at Adoption Survivor... so much more than a gathering of KAD's (Korean Adult Adoptees) in Seoul, Korea for Thanksgiving dinner

The Orphan Next-Door -- sibling to two adoptees (Korea) and foster parent (living in China) Carrie at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... living next-door to an orphanage

The Problem With Adoption -- adult adoptee (domestic, closed) Phil at Finding Jane Doe... discussing the uphill battle many adoptees face when questioned by others about their emotions, thoughts and experiences

Adoption Apparel Translator -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at China Adoption Talk about a post originally published at Racialicious... about a snarky, yet funny post discussing slogans and phrases on t-shirts and other assorted "stuff" that adoptive parents often purchase

So You Think You Want to Search?
-- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... some things to consider if you are contemplating searching for your child's first family

Thanksgiving and Adoption -- adult adoptee (Korea) Bae Gang Shik at The Transracial Korean Adoptee Nexus... thoughts about adoption while considering Thanksgiving and the founding of the United States

1 comments:

luna said...

many thanks for the link. I'll have to check these out too!