About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Dear diary
-- adoptive momma (China) OmegaMom... her daughter shared with her a recent entry in her diary that began "dear diary: I relly miss my birth mom"

Power Over Others
-- first mother Cassi at Adoption Truth... her response after reading a recent response on an adoption forum that included the sentence "Birthmothers are birthmothers. Plain and simple. They gave birth, and that was the extent of their mothering. It's not a slur. It's the un-candy-coated truth."

Learning from Experience -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... discussing her Chinese-American husband's experiences with racial and cultural identity as the child of immigrant parents

faith, hope and love: part 2 -- Caroline, who works with orphans in China, at her blog Letters from Beijing... flashing back almost two years, Caroline remembers a little baby she found abandoned and wonders about his mother

Understanding Loss -- adult adoptee (domestic) Phil at Finding Jane Doe... thinking about adoption loss after his sister-in-law experiences a miscarriage

Finding the Hooey and Tossing it Out -- adoptive momma (China) LMGNYC at La Bicicleta... attendance at a recent book signing by Mei-Ling Hopgood, the author of "Lucky Girl," causes one momma to think about adoption parenting - and the hooey that often comes along with it

What would I say to a young me? -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... after watching the movie "Adopted," this blogger considers what she would say to her younger self, if she could go back in time

Just My Humble Opinion
-- adoptive momma (Ethiopia and domestic) Jenny at Real Mama... thoughts from a Christian after attending a Christian adoption seminar

On Roots -- adult adoptee (Korea) Juli Fraga as a guest blogger at Design Mom... exploring her thoughts about adoption after having given birth to her daughter, her first known biological relative [HAT TIP to Andrea at Adoption Road]

November is Adoption Awareness Month: There Should be no 'Give Backs' in Adoption -- adoptive momma (China) PunditMom... sharing her thoughts about the recent media frenzy (and subsequent book deal) of Anita Tedaldi

6 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks again, TM. I am afraid I had to speak out over at Adoption Truth. I am certain I may get blasted but I tried my best to be very respectful of their own personal experiences but tried to get my point across as well. Can I ask, TM. Do you ask permission before posting these links? I would like to post some links, especially those that speak to me like the post at La Bicicleta and those that frustrate me, like at Adoption Truth but do I need to ask first? Thanks so much!!

Cassi said...

I am the author of the Adoption Truth blog, Annie. Feel free to link to me. I always welcome further conversation and discussion and I do realize there are times when we will not agree with one another and will find ourselves frustrated with some of what we read but I think it's good to hear opposing sides as well as those who are in agreement.

And yes, I am aware that at times my blog, and the comments can be hard to read, even I have become angered at some of what is left there but for now I still believe it is best to allow all comments even though they can, I know, become ugly or harsh to read.

And for the record, I think your comment was done in a respectful way. Thank you for that.

Patricia/NYC said...

Excellent links...and the comments are just as thought provoking as the posts!

YoonSeon said...

Thankyou for linking me again!^^

PunditMom said...

Thanks so much for the link. And I always love Omega Mom!

Michelle said...

I just had to tell you that I sat by myself at the Cheesecake Factory on Sunday - on break from a photography conference I was attending - and read through your links on my little iPhone. I love these links you post on Sunday. Great stuff!!