About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

What does "Gotcha" mean?
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Jane Jeong Trenka shares the words of her first mother, Lee Pil-rye, at Conducive Magazine... one first mother's experience with international adoption

National Adoption Awareness Month: Cause for Celebration? -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... Margie's thoughts and feelings about November's National Adoption Awareness Month

Fear -- adult adoptee (domestic) Phil at Finding Jane Doe... responding to a recent comment written by an adoptive parent, Phil shares some thoughts

Becoming a mother -- adult adoptee (domestic, Canada) Kerry at Pound Pup Legacy... Kerry responds to a recent post written by an adoptive momma about the initial transition time after adopting a child

In China, Who Adopts Girls & Why? -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at China Adoption Talk... quoting a 2006 research paper on domestic adoption (mostly informal adoption) and attitudes towards girls in rural China

A Tricky Question
-- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... answering a reader's question, "If you had a white husband, do you think you might still have adopted internationally, or considered doing so?"

The Dreams in Adoption -- adult adoptee and adoptive parent (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... thoughts after hearing her daughter say, "...I think my best job that I could ever be is to be a mommy."

What National Adoption Awareness Month Means to Me -- first mother FauxClaud at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... why this first mother will NOT be celebrating National Adoption Awareness Month

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks i will have to read some of these!!!

Annie said...

Thanks again, TM. Very interesting article at China Adoption Talk.

Margie said...

Thanks for the shoutout :) Hope all is well in your world!