About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, November 23, 2009

Do Y'all Really...

... need to hear about how difficult it for our family to get through Saturday? (Because of this?) Probably not, since it's kind of depressing. And I really don't have the energy to go there.

... want to listen to me tell about our meeting on Sunday afternoon... our SERIOUS meeting, complete with babysitter to entertain all of the children... which the Tongginator quite abruptly interrupted by running into the center of the adults-only meeting room, adorned with feather boa and pink, plastic guitar, to yell "Look everyone! I'm a Rock Band Girl!" And how the husband, without skipping a beat and completely deadpan, responded with "that's great, honey... now go play" before the entire room of SERIOUS adults broke out in laughter.... except us.

... feel obligated to share the Infamous But(t) Award after all this time? Because sweet Amy of Wade's World bestowed me with the Honest Scrap Award (thanks, hon!). And I am truly regretting ever creating this darn thing.


... admit to decorating for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving? I don't know whether I should feel morally outraged or inadequate because I'm late.

... require me to post a picture of our cat's "cute little head?" Our cat, I might add, who obtained the nickname The Vortex of Vomit for obvious reasons? Somehow I can't consider a head that spews forth constant vomit as "cute." Then again, the Tongginator is not the one cleaning all of it up. She is, however, the one often stepping in it.


... forgive me for playing Hearts on the computer all weekend instead of answering your emails? Because Hearts is kind of mind-numbingly distracting when dealing with grief, whereas emails... not so much.

26 comments:

Andrea said...

TM, I am right there with you all. I have said many times that I would like to run away from Thanksgiving this year. But I can't.

bbmomof2boys said...

no words...just quiet understanding


hugs,
Carla

autumnesf said...

Hugs.

I'm dreading the 1 year anniversary of my dads death next month.

The Source said...

Wish I had the right words, but I never seem to find them. Prayers for all of you this week. And some 'net hugs, toos.

happygeek said...

Hugs.

Tonggu Grammy said...

Oh, Baby! You're coming home in a couple of days where you can get the hug you desperately need. This is such a hard time for you and TD and there is no way for us to make it easier other than to love you both. Giant hug coming!!!

Laura L. said...

Hugs to your family at this time.

TongguKitty is very cute. How could you not love his cute little head?

Buckeroomama said...

{{Hugs}}

discombobulated said...

Been thinking of you guys often this month. See you soon.

Annie said...

Big Hugs!!!!! This will be our first Thanksgiving and Christmas without my Dad. Very difficult!

Sharie said...

I've been thinking of you often, knowing that anniversary was approaching. It hurts to the core...I'm glad you have your Rock Band Girl to keep you smiling.

Becky said...

The Vortex of Vomit?? And you keep it around!? You are a strong, strong woman.

Dawn said...

Wish we were close... you could hide out at my house for coffee and pet the cute little head of my vortex of vomit.

My Christmas decor went up last week, too. Even the tree. I do it every year and leave it up 'til the kids are back in school in January.

Your cat has the same "look" as mine, just different coloring. Maybe they're related.

La-La-Liene said...

We used to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving but we don't do it anymore. I just get so burned out on the Christmas feel before the actual holiday if I do. So all the decorations will go up the weekend of the 12th. I was driving by a house in the neighborhood almost 2 weeks ago and saw a tree up in the front window. Puhleese!!! I so miss the days where the Christmas decorations got put up the DAY before Thanksgiving in the stores. Now you walk in the day after Halloween and they're playing Christmas music. Off my soap box now...

Leslie said...

Your posts make me laugh soo hard!!! HUgs!

Marla said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of TD's father, I'm so behind on blogging, I didn't even see the post. Big hugs and many prayers for y'all.

And yeah, my house is decorated. Sorry. I just can't help myself. I blame the J's, they've been making me listen to Christmas music for weeks.

Kristi said...

Oh how I remember the approach of the one year mark from my dad's passing away. Somehow I felt like I wanted to run away from that marking of time, as if it coming was making him even further away. Thinking of and praying for you and your family in these difficult days.

Wanda said...

It's neat the way your sense of humour shines through, even in difficult times.

Thinking about you. Anniversaries of loss are always sad.

Hugs,

Myrnie said...

It's been a year and 2 weeks since my grandma passed away... peace to your family.

And Vortex of Vomit? That's nice :)

Aus said...

Well TM - glad to 'not' hear about all that stuff! Hugs are free - and while virtual - still not too bad!

hugs - aus and co.

Suzy said...

Losing family and friends just sucks. It's the great black hole of the emotional universe. Sigh.

OTOH, Christmas and decorations. Well, WHEN I WAS YOUNG (don't you love it when you're old enough to say that?), Thanksgiving was the THIRD Thursday in November. Then some materialistic knot head decided to move it back to make us shop in desperation mode. Or at least that's what I heard. Any way, if you decorate the Friday before Thanksgiving is the same as it used to be WHEN I WAS YOUNG. So. There.

The Things We Carried said...

Is your cat diabetic? I heard this causes lots of vomiting.

Your girl must make you guys laugh every day :)!

kerri said...

I am sorry for your pain, lost my Grandma 2 yrs in May, the hurt is still fresh in my heart..
hugs...


your rock star girl always makes me smile..

Mahmee said...

Well, yes anniversaries and recent losses well, really suck. However, you always inspire me with your sense of humor. And don't forget, instead of the Vortex of Vomit, you could be blessed with the Princess of Pee....now that's a gift that just keeps on giving.
M.

Aunt LoLo said...

Life's never, ever, ever boring at your place...is it.

Sending love.

Dita said...

Thinking of you this weekend and knowing that TG is with you, I know you will somehow come through it.

Hugs.