About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Holding On
-- adoptive momma (China) Sara at Football & Fried Rice... reflecting on the concepts of letting go and holding on, a momma acknowledges her mistakes with her daughter

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) The Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a list of blog links to families who recently received referrals from China's IA program

Walking the Talk
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... on how much more difficult it is to walk the talk as an adoptive parent (be sure to read the comments, too)

An Open Dialogue: I'm There. Are You? -- adoptive momma (Korea) Carissa writing at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... frustrated with personal and general attacks within the adoption blogging world, Carissa asks others within the triad to foster behaviors that encourage an open dialogue

Adoptee Anger and Its Purpose -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amy Adoptee at Adoption and Its Triad... and this is why I heart Amy Adoptee

You just cannot make this stuff up!!! -- waiting to adopt (China) madduchess at the disloyal subject of the red queen... a recent conversation a friend had with a China-adoptive family leavens her (and me!) stunned and furious

"Abandonment:" A Disconnect in Adoption
-- first mother Cedar at On a Little Island in the Pacific: An Adoption Blog... discussing the implications (and oftentimes inaccurate use of) the term abandoned - a must-read, but quite academic, so drink your morning cup of coffee first

Inappropriate adoption stuff that's true whether we like it or not -- adoptive momma (China) Jessica Pegis at O Solo Mama... discussing commonly heard questions or remarks about adoption, including a link to her recent post Adoption: On the Real Parents

If I Was Different, Would You Have Kept Me? -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선, Yoon Seon, at 안녕습니다! (annyong seumnida) My Adventures as a Korean Adoptee... on how it feels to live life believing that the society of your birth rejected you

Racial Insults: "I'm Used to It" -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at China Adoption Talk... a recent conversation with her eight-year-old daughter about another girl at ballet who used racial slurs

4 comments:

discombobulated said...

The last link made me sad.

Annie said...

Thank you again TM!! I have decided to follow Mei-Ling's blog. I am all about trying to figure out how to parent Lizzie in the best way possible for her.

osolomama said...

Thanks again for the shout-out. The more I live and write adoption, the more I see how much I have to learn from parents such as yourself.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love it that you included my dearest and sweetest friend Sara in this most special list. What a journey we have all taken together...I am so grateful the Lord blesses me with people like you.