About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.


Adopted Chinese Daughters Seek Their Roots
-- adult adoptee (Korea) and social worker Kim Jae Ran at Harlow's Monkey... commentary on a recent article written by Patti Waldmeir in the on-line magazine Financial Times

I don't know what it's like... -- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him... how her recent health trials have expanded her abilities to relate to adoptees and first parents: because she, too, has been marginalized, dismissed and told to "get over it"

Judah's Life
-- sister of an adoptee (Korea) and foster parent living in China Carrie at Signs of Hope... a heart-breaking must-read about little Judah, who the surgeons say will not be healed by heart surgery

The Longer Version -- first mom Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... an e-mail from her daughter's adoptive mother sparks thoughts and emotions

Adoption: The photo that talked to us
-- adoptive momma (China) Jessica Pegis at O Solo Mama... a photo of foster moms from her daughter's SWI opens a conversation with a child who isn't often open to talking about adoption

The difference a year makes -- adult adoptee (Korea) Raina at Faiths and Illusions... the new understanding that parenting brings caused her to revise her own understanding of her abandonment

Something I wish I'd understood about adoption
-- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... saying goodbye to her daughter as she left for college, Margie discussed how she felt - that day - about sharing and first parents

"Her Wooks Yike Me!" Race in Adoption
-- adoptive momma (China) Holly at A Purpose Driven Life... her son Josiah, beginning to notice (and point out) other Asian-Americans, leads Holly to think about her son being the only non-white in their family

Sorry Mrs. Smith: Looking Beyond the Story -- first mother Cedar at On a little island in the Pacific... a follow-up to this post, Cedar and Mei-Ling share her story

3 comments:

day by day said...

thanks so much for all of your kind words and prayers this past week...MUCH appreciated!

Happy Sunday!

Lisa said...

Several of these reflections truly made me sit up and take new notice....in both my own assumptions and of those around us.

Thank you; I don't always have the time to read each link submitted, but this week I did and am very appreciative!
Lisa

Annie said...

Thank you again, TM!