About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Year Ago...

One year ago today, my dear friend Rosie left this earth after a long battle with breast cancer. In remembrance of her, I'm sharing a poem, with permission, written by Rosie's sister-in-law. Because I still have no words...

Today I Left

Today I left my children
with my neighbor down the street.
I needed something from the store
and they've been very sweet.
The special play dates for the kids,
so I could get some rest;
The dinners made with loving care,
that made us feel so blessed;
The sacrifices that they've made;
the kindnesses they've shown;
Have been the hand of God to us
when we've felt all alone.

Today I left my children
with my friend from long ago.
I thought I'd get some housework done,
but now I just don't know.
I haven't felt quite like myself;
I've not been up to par;
Yet she has stood strong by my side,
despite how hard things are.
I thank God for her hopeful words.
She knows just what to say.
We ask God for His healing touch,
together, as we pray.

Today I left my children
with my sister, dear and true.
I know she'll take good care of them
"almost" just as I do.
As truly grateful as I am,
as comforting that be,
I miss my children and their smiles
and I know that they miss me.
This isn't supposed to be this way.
This isn't what I'd choose.
But this battle is now mine
and I'm fighting not to lose.

Today I left my children
with my mother, bless her heart.
She knows that I'm not doing well;
it's tearing her apart.
Another drug, another nap,
another round of pain.
Always hoping, never knowing
if things will be the same.
I know that she would take this burden
from me if she could;
To bear my suffering instead
as any mother would.

Today I left my children
with my husband, dressed in black.
Today I left my children
and I am not coming back.
This man, who never earned this fate,
was everything to me.
And now, somehow, with God, he must
both father and mother be.
I'm sure they'll be well cared for;
well loved they'll be, I know.
But I'm supposed to be the one.
I do not want to go.

Today I left my children
with my Savior, now I live.
I trust Him, but I feel that I
had so much more to give.
I know that I'll be with them
every moment of each day.
I know I'll share each joy and sorrow
with them, but will they?
A grand design He has for us.
I believe what I've been told.
And I'll be praying with them
when they want their Mom to hold.















pictured is the poem's author and Rosie's sister-in-law, with her youngest

39 comments:

lighthousegal said...

No words. Just sitting with you and praying right now.

Joan said...

God Bless you all.

Buckeroomama said...

*Hugs and prayers*

Stefanie said...

Oh TM. What a somber anniversary. Prayers for you, her husband and children who are thinking of her and missing her today and every day.
*HUGS* to you, my friend.

Tonggu Grammy said...

And I cry again for this very special family. Please give Pocket and Posie a hug from Grammy.

I know that this day is hard for you and TD too and that your grief is multiplied because TD also lost his dad this past year. Just cling to the knowledge that God is big enough to handle all our grief and even our anger and bring us to the other side. Prayers are with you and Rosie's family.

I love you!

bbmomof2boys said...

No words today, just hugs across the miles

~Carla

jen@odbt said...

Hugs TM. Thinking of you.

Kayce said...

Rosies family is in our prayers today as well as you. Lots of love and hugs.

Sherri said...

Can I have your mom, TM? I'll share her with you... Her words were just like hearing my own mother's words....she knows just what to say, doesn't she?

I lost my childhood best friend to cancer 9 years ago. I am so sorry for your loss; for the void that Rosie has left in so many lives. I pray that all of you feel His presence today, and every day.

Sherri said...

Can I have your mom, TM? I'll share her with you... Her words were just like hearing my own mother's words....she knows just what to say, doesn't she?

I lost my childhood best friend to cancer 9 years ago. I am so sorry for your loss; for the void that Rosie has left in so many lives. I pray that all of you feel His presence today, and every day.

Cheri said...

Big hugs to all of you. Praying for your family and Rosie's family today.

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh, TM. I'm sitting here, watching Siu Jeun play, and sobbing. BBJ is off at Joy School, and she's not here to give me a hug. Cutting my time with my little family scares me more than anything else in the world.

God bless everyone that was touched by Rosie...and God Bless her children.

Dawn said...

I am praying that you feel the comfort of love and prayers today. I've lost people to cancer, too, and it's a hard reality to face.

(((Hugs))), friend!

prechrswife said...

No words... Just tears and hugs...

Patricia/NYC said...

No words...just tears, BIG hugs, & prayers...May God bless all of you.

The Source said...

I have tears, too, reading that beautiful poem. So sad that her family and friends had to say goodbye to someone they loved so dearly. Some comfort, though, in the knowledge that we can be with loved ones for all eternity one of these days. Lots of hugs and prayers...

Wanda said...

Just hugs !!

Lisa said...

Hugs and tears of sadness for this family and their loss. For all of you who miss this special lady dearly & for all the lives she touched....prayers for all of you.

Love Letters To China said...

Reading that poem brought unleashed tears from my eyes. I too have battled cancer but am one of the lucky ones. That poem makes me realize how fortunate I am to be able to be with my family. Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Andrea said...

That is a beautiful poem. Prayers for you family and Ring.

day by day said...

just soooo sad!! ((hugs))

Heather of the EO said...

Peace to you today, friend. And to all of Rosie's loved ones.

That was so moving...ugh. I'm so sorry.

Holly said...

That is beautiful. Longing for the day when every wrong will be made right and where every tear will be wiped away from every eye...

thegypsymama said...

Yes, words seem completely inadequate to describe the separation of a mother from her children. I hope that among all the many you must have heard, faith, hope, and love keep you company today.

Briana's Mom said...

So beautiful, so touching and so sad. Sitting here quietly with tears...

Mamatini said...

Wiping away the tears.

I hope the support of your family and friends gives you comfort today.

Mei-Ling said...

Wow.

That was so beautiful in its own sorrowful way...

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I am amazed that it has been a year. May God bless this special family....

CC said...

hugs, tears, and prayers

Super Mommy said...

What a beautifully sad poem. Gone too soon.

Valerie said...

Cancer sucks. What a heart-wrenching poem, but beautifully written. So sorry for your loss and theirs.

Janet said...

Just crying and sending you my love and prayers.

discombobulated said...

Thinking of you and Rosie's family. Prayers going out to you all.

Annie said...

Oh TM!!! Prayers for this beautiful family and their wonderful friend.

Joanne said...

I am so sorry for your loss . . .

Kiy said...

I too have no words, as I sit here crying. It is a beautiful poem, and I was already tearing up by the end. And then, I saw the photo. And lost it.

I need to go and hug my little one, thank you for sharing. I'm sorry.

Kiy

Marla said...

Wow. Prayers for their sweet family and for you, TM.

Michelle said...

Tears are streaming down my face. There are no words. Just a {virtual} hug and a prayer...

Dita said...

Tears, TM, for you, your family, Ring and the kids, all of their loved ones and friends....but mostly for Rosie for having to have walked that road.

I know that no words can take away your pain, grief and perhaps anger....but I can say that knowing that Rosie had such special people in her life as her sister in law who could write such wonderful words and you, her faithful and loving friend, must have meant all the difference in the world to her.

Big bear hugs to you, TM.