About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cherished Photos

Today's carnival at Grown In My Heart asks us to post some of our most treasured adoption photos. I hope y'all will participate because - while I know that many of y'all are excellent photographers - I know that ALL of us remember those precious moments in time that occurred in our lives as a result of adoption. We may recall some moments filled with joy, while others might help us look back on how far we've come. No matter the emotions expressed, nor the stage of your journey, let's share these moments with one another!

Here are a few of my most cherished adoption photographs, not because of how they look, but because of how I feel when I look at them...

the first steps we took on a lifelong adoption journey


China Cousins reunion in Chicago, 18 months after adoption...
all five girls were born within a month of each other and were
adopted from the Tonggu Orphanage on the same day (isn't it
absolutely precious that my T and Red Fish are holding hands?)


precious friendships with other girls adopted from China...


oh, how blessed I feel to know the Tongginator's (and
now my!) Mandarin teacher, Shanghai Sweetie


two generations of international adoption within the family:
my cousin Sleeping Beauty with my daughter the Tongginator


Please link up over at Grown In My Heart so that I can share in your precious memories, too.

25 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

I especially love the one where they're in a group hug. So, so precious. :)

Sarah said...

my heart is pulled by the group hug photo!

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

All the photos are so precious!

Aus said...

Oh I love that group hug pic - that's so precious!

hugs - aus and co.

jen@odbt said...

Those just gave me goosebumps...in a good way. I'm so happy for you and TG. The journey you have both taken and how far your family has come. That first photo is absolutely precious.

Dita said...

TM, thank you for sharing these precious photos of T's entrance into your lives and her journey of friendship with so many others.

The joy is apparent...face or no face!

prechrswife said...

Love it! Still wishing we could get our Tonggu travel group girls together for a reunion.

Wanda said...

Ahh....my heart is swelling. I'll try and get a few pics together. Great idea!

The Source said...

These are some sweet photos! What wonderful memories.

Lisa said...

Pictures often DO tell the story best of all! Beautiful story! :)

Myrnie said...

Such sweet girls, and such sweet pictures! Thank you for sharing :)

Gail said...

These are all beautiful TM! The group hug one is so sweet...
Our adoption photos are some of my most treasured possessions.

Mamatini said...

Love these pictures! And isn't it funny how I can look at someone else's adoption pictures and immediately be flung back to emotional memories of our own adoption of Isa and Ina. Maybe that's why adoption travel blogs are so popular...

P.S. I went to check the Carnival, but I couldn't find the one on adoption photos. What am I missing?

happygeek said...

I Love your Met'cha picture.
I can only imagine the emotions of that day!
Plus, Miss T looks like one big squishy marshmallow of joy!

Aunt LoLo said...

Absoulutely. Adorable.

And yeah - I love the group hug.

Kristi said...

That group hug is so precious!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

These photos are so priceless......I love the group hug and T and Redfish holding hands......but most of all that first photo of you two. What a journey it has been for you both!! I can see the emotion in that picture especially:)

Hope you have a great night!

Lisa

thegypsymama said...

Goose bump beautiful

Sharie said...

Amazing how a photo can bring tears...

pickel said...

I love the group hug.

Michelle@Gotchababy said...

Oh how precious! Love photos like these that just bring on the memories! Thanks for sharing!

CC said...

Love these pics! Esp. the 1st one! :)

Mama King said...

Just beautiful! All of them special for their own reason. This post makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! :-)

Michelle said...

Great pictures!! That hugging one is just too perfect!

Leslie said...

AWWWWW precious!!! this is my first time 2 your blog and love it!!!