About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wise, Indeed

Since I'm still on my death bed slowly getting better... and since several of you have asked how the Tongginator is doing in school... I thought I'd take this opportunity to share a few school papers and brag on my girl. Well, to brag as much as I am able.

(And please forgive me this one time. Usually I try to keep it real here at Our Little Tongginator. But keeping it real isn't always about posting photos of one's child reading on the toilet or admitting to an unfortunate laundry/ babysitter incident or *wince* detailing a parental meltdown over a potty accident or confessing that one's child ate dirt at the ripe old age of four. Sometimes... sometimes... Keeping It Real is about BRAGGING. Or so I tell myself.)

And the million dollar question is - how's she doing? First off - and most importantly - the Tongginator LOVES, LOVES, LOVES school. Results don't matter much when a teacher doesn't foster a love of learning. Second, Ms. Confetti is a differentiating teacher who taught Gifted and Talented for years. And the Tongginator? Is in the highest level group, despite her penchant for gluing pictures on walls and saying "God mess you!"


All of this seems kind of unbelievable, however, especially considering that Ms. Confetti gave the Tongginator and three other students a special award last week. Pay particular attention to the value the Tongginator supposedly displayed during class one day.


When I saw this, I felt very excited. So excited, in fact, that I talked to the Tongginator about it. Our conversation went something like this...

TONGGU MOMMA: Wow, honey bear. This is wonderful! What did you do that caused Ms. Confetti to give you this?

TONGGINATOR: (shrugging her shoulders) I don't know. She gave one to, like, three or four people maybe.

TONGGU MOMMA: Well, did she tell you what you did when she gave it to you?

TONGGINATOR: Yes. (long pause) But I forget what it was.

Heh. That's my Tongginator. She is wise, indeed.

20 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Why am I not even remotely surprised? :) That girl is going to go places!

Annie said...

Way to go Tongginator!! Brag away TM!!!! That is great!!

bbmomof2boys said...

Glad you are starting to feel better! I'm glad that Ms. Confetti supports her in her learning by giving her challenges. Our oldest is pretty smart and I had to talk to his kindergarten teacher because she didn't challenge him at all. Wanna know what happens what a child is not challenged and gets bored during school? Lots of parent/teacher meetings! Once she started to challenge him he settled right down!

Hugs,
Carla

malinda said...

Hey, we do Open Court reading!

And reading this, I realize that my children display wisdom EVERY DAY!

Me: What did you do at school today?

Z: I forget.

M: I don't remember.

Sigh.

Dawn said...

Yippee for the very wise Miss T and a very bright Mrs. Confetti!

Brag away, Mama - it's one of the perks of motherhood.

Glad you're feeling better!!!

Jboo said...

Awwww -- she is so sweet!! Glad that it is going so well! And I agree with Dawn, brag about your incredible girl!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Way to go Tongginator!! Brag away my friend:) So glad that she loves school!

Lisa

a little leprechaun said...

That's AWESOME!! Congrats & Big Hugs!! Love the last post with the glue. Very resourceful!!

Feel better!!

Patricia/NYC said...

LOVE it!!! And you go brag, momma! Love hearing how she's doing!

Sharie said...

So glad she loves loves loves school! I can only imagine how challenging teaching Kindergarten is. To have kids reading like the Tongginator - all the way down to those who don't know what a letter is - and there are some...sad as it may be.
My girl has been getting in a lot of trouble in preschool for talking out of turn. I had many theories on this - Transition to her own bed? Recently being patched? Her birthday coming up and being excited? Her birthday coming up and her grieving her Chinese family?
However - after reading this I'm wondering if perhaps she is bored in preschool - hmmm - even when you think you're bragging you are making me think!

Doug and Terrye said...

She's just so wise she can't remember which piece of wisdom she was rewarded for ;)

Janet said...

She is SOOOO wise that she's humble. :-)

jen@odbt said...

Good for TG and kudos to you for having such a smart girl. She is going to go places!

The Things We Carried said...

She is no bragger, your girl :)!

Misty said...

ahhhh, i think ms c is wise for the chicfila reward! i'm so sorry you've been sick and do hope mr awesomeness and miss t love and dote on you to the nth degree!! btw, i totally get my connection to the tongginator--i'm a monkey, too! :)

delucchi family said...

Hee hee great story, great girl!!
Clever indeed!
Love Jules
xxx

Magi said...

I think bragging is required when you have an awesome child. Ya gotta love wisdom.

Heather of the EO said...

She's pure genius!

Tis true.

Patty O. said...

How great! And brag away, please. Don't feel sheepish. We need to share the kids' achievements, not just their quirks. And you SHOULD be proud!!!

CC said...

that's one wise cookie!!