About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wanna-Be-Julie

Just so y'all know, I totally paid some poor soul to do something for me. Well... I would have paid said poor soul if I knew who said poor soul was, but - unfortunately - I don't know. So no actual money actually exchanged hands, but - if I'm honest - it would have exchanged hands if I had known about it or knew who said poor soul was or...

End babbling. (I always babble when I feel uncomfortable.)

Someone nominated me for a Divine Caroline Love This Site! Award. Thank you so very much. *blush* It touched my soul in a huge way, especially since I read the email just minutes after walking into my empty house... my empty house WITHOUT my beloved Tongginator. And I was without the Tongginator because our Evil Elementary School stole her away. *sob*

(Yes, I am still transitioning. And yes, it's slowly getting better. You should have seen me on Friday. Well, except for when I transported myself to Paris watching the movie Julie & Julia.)

Now, we all know I can't possibly win (I mean, hel-LO! Pioneer Woman!), but hopefully it won't be humiliating. Although, technically, it would only be humiliating if I garnered negative votes and - thankfully - the brilliant minds behind Divine Caroline thought ahead and realized they should avoid that possibility.

Obviously they were thinking of me.

You can vote here. And if you are too busy laughing at the thought of voting for Our Little Tongginator, please check out some of my other favorite candidates, including Grown In My Heart, An Adoption Network, where I occasionally emote and pontificate, as well as Heart Smiles by Amie, another China-adoptive momma who hangs out with me at the special needs China-adoption site No Hands But Ours.

Help at least one of us out, y'all. We all have grandiose ideas of becoming the next Julie Powell. Or cooking like Julia Child. Because either is totally possible.

Really.

(Yeah, right.)

28 comments:

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

Oh this is awesome! So proud of you. I can't wait to vote for one of my favorite blogs and favorite bloggers~ YOU!

Have a great day,

Krista

Rhonda said...

Awesome possum! Congrats...and I voted.

I guess I should clarify, I voted for you. :P

Dawn said...

Awesome... and congrats!!! Totally deserved. I'm headed over there to vote now.

And, I agree that it was perfect timing. Isn't it great when the Lord allows those little "coincidences"???

Tonggu Grammy said...

I'm voting now! Oh, and that would be for YOU!

Aunt LoLo said...

hEH...You got MY vote, Mama!!!

And now you have 5. :-D

Buckeroomama said...

Way to go! Off to vote now... for you. :)

Jboo said...

So cool -- you definitely have my vote!

Loved that movie!! :)

Janet

day by day said...

Congrats!!

Not to worry.....as hard as it is for me to let go of my big girl as she goes to college....I think K was harder!! Hang in there!!

Janet said...

I'm totally voting for you.....I'm heading over right now.....

Kiy said...

I know you've got my vote. And, I decided to spread the word!

Cheers and good luck!
Kiy

Lisa said...

Course you got my vote!! I so hope you win!! :)
Lisa

QingLu Mama said...

You sooooo got my vote, TM!
Jennifer

Annie said...

Oh how great!!! I LOVE your blog and am leaving to go vote right now!!!

Myrnie said...

Just voted :)

adoptionroad said...

Congrats! I saw that movie with my mom and then dragged my hubby back to the theater to see it a second time. As we were leaving, he said to me, "That should've been a dinner show! I was craving wine and bread the whole movie!" Oh and I'll create an award for your site if you don't win because I honestly truly believe that you should!

thegypsymama said...

I must like your site because I went to vote and had to (Gasp) register first! It's at this point that I normally click away IMMEDIATELY. But this time, I took a deep breath, filled out the totally annoying form, and registered. So that I could vote. FOR YOU!

discombobulated said...

Wow! Congrats TM! Do I get an "I voted today" sticker to wear proudly on my shirt?

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

CONGRATS my friend!! I am heading over to vote right now:)

Lisa

Briana's Mom said...

Girl, you know I voted for you. :) Good luck!

anymommy said...

congrats, I'm off to vote! And you are doing great with school mom. hang in there.

Heather of the EO said...

oooh, I'm off to vote. Such fun.

And I felt transported while watching Julie and Julia too. :)

Ohilda said...

Congrats!! On my way to vote!

mumma to many said...

Well done! I voted!
I'm exhausted from Alice throwing up twice tonight and It should be Emily as she is so excited about her birthday!
Hugs Ruth in NZ

Beach Mama said...

Can we vote more than once???:)

CC said...

I'll vote for you!! :)

And can you please take me out to that movie. Cuz otherwise I'm sure I won't go. And it IS about a blogger....

bbmomof2boys said...

Let me tell ya, there is a ton of competition there! Jeez!! Yes, you got my vote. You have inspired me in many ways.

Hugs,
Carla

Flamingo Mama said...

how cool does it make you feel to know that i subscribe to YOU and not pioneer woman:) yes, i have visited her blog, but she makes me feel insignficant in my domestic adventures. Not to say that you make me feel significant...aaah. never mind. i'll talk myself into it deeper:)

ps. loved the 1st day of kindergarten post. too funny.

Flamingo Mama said...

how cool does it make you feel to know that i subscribe to YOU and not pioneer woman:) yes, i have visited her blog, but she makes me feel insignficant in my domestic adventures. Not to say that you make me feel significant...aaah. never mind. i'll talk myself into it deeper:)

ps. loved the 1st day of kindergarten post. too funny.