About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

No sharesies is not as much fun as it sounds -- waiting to adopt (China) madduchess at disloyal subject of the red queen... it's not threatening to talk about a child's first parents - unless you make it that way

What Happens When the Story Changes? -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at China Adoption Talk... what do you do when you learn new information about your child's early life?

Where is the Middle Ground? Blogging About the Hard Stuff -- adoptive momma (China and Vietnam) M at Family Salmagundi... how to process and cope with adoption doom and gloom

What No One Told Me Adoption -- adult adoptee (Korea) and social worker Jae Ran Kim at Harlow's Monkey... things they never tell you when you're an orphan in Korea

I AM AN ADOPTEE! AND GUESS WHAT?! LIFE SUCKS! Is Adoption REALLY About The Child? -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 at 안녕습니다! (annyong seumnida) My Adventures as a Korean Adoptee... is adoption really about the child... or the adoptive parents?

and with the good comes...
-- adoptive momma (Haiti) Christine at welcome to my brain... the ups and downs that come with progress in a child's attachment journey

Red Couch
-- adoptive momma (China) Kris at Tell Her This... still in China on their adoption trip, a new momma talks about their initial bonding and attachment process

Getting Ready for my Gotcha Day -- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... what it feels like to hear the term "Gotcha Day" and relive hers, year after year, as a first mother

FCC: still disappointing after all these years -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... why they've given up on their local Families With Children from China group

Sorry, Mrs. Smith, your baby has to be adopted -- first mother Cedar at On a little island in the Pacific... telling the true adoption story of a mutual friend (who is an adult adoptee)

Trying to understand her more -- adoptive momma (Russia, Siberia and Ukraine) Christine at Smiles & Trials... in trying to understand her daughter more, a mom considers whether or not her daughter has attachment issues

5 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks again, TM. Boy, some of those are hard to read but important none the less!!

day by day said...

Just popping in to say "hi"! I will have to come back during the week and do some reading...looks like lots of great links!

Happy Sunday!!!

Patricia/NYC said...

Compelling links this week!
Thanks, TM, for sharing!

redmaryjanes said...

Love the linkage.

Sarah said...

You may have posted about this before, but I'd love for you to tell us how you find all of this good linkage... and HOW MANY BLOGS do you read on a weekly basis?!?!?!