About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

The Wrong Babies -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at China Adoption Talk... a comment from her daughter about other people thinking she "got the wrong babies" leads to a discussion about first parents, CCAA matching and adoption choices

A Seemingly Simple Question -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Exile of Xingnan... "are you happy to be back in Canada?" isn't all that easy of a question to answer

The Family Bed -- adoptive momma (Korea) and adoption researcher Dawn Davenport at Creating a Family... her thoughts about co-sleeping

um, you must be thinking of someone else -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) luna at musings from the edge... learning to apply the fine art if discretion to encounters which could, but possibly shouldn't, lead to sharing her child's adoption story

Nontraditional Tradition -- first mother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... starting a unique tradition for her daughter, who lives with her adoptive family

Accepted and Rejected
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Kevin Hofmann at My Mind on Paper... why rejection is his core issue

Is international adoption protecting the child or a breach of human rights? -- adult adoptee (Korea) and social worker Jae Ran Kim at Harlow's Monkey... a link to an article in Conducive Magazine written by Roelie Post

Bridging the Gap, Part II -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 at 안녕습니다! (annyong seumnida) My Adventures as a Korean Adoptee... attending Korean class - with several twelve-year-olds - brings up many thoughts and feelings

3 comments:

luna said...

thanks for the linkage! another great set of posts to check out.

Debbie said...

The whole idea of the "wrong babies" is intriguing and upsetting to me.

malinda said...

Debbie said...
The whole idea of the "wrong babies" is intriguing and upsetting to me.

Me, too -- very upsetting to hear it come out of my baby's mouth. How would you have handled it?