About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

From "Chinese Eyes" to Asian-American -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Anti-Racist Parent... a racist event at school leads her to realize that she needed to change her focus from traditional Korean culture to modern Korean-American life

Reunion Day: A Media Frenzy
-- adoptive momma (China) Julia at A Bittersweet Reunion... after discovering that her now-teenage-son was NOT abandoned, but lost as a toddler in China, one adoptive mother travels to China with her son to meet his first family

"Quintessentially Chinese?" - "China Doll" Edition -- guest contributor Jha at the blog Racialicious... defining and discussing the "China Doll" stereotype

Which is Better?
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... thoughts about Canada and Taiwan after returning from a three month reunion trip

On the Other Side of the Wait -- waiting to travel (China) Kris at Tell Her This... with less than two weeks before adoption day, Kris explores how she feels about becoming a mom

Just Sit There -- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... I can't even sum up this post because sometimes I am just so embarrassed by the words of fellow adoptive parents

What I Think About When I Think About Love -- adult adoptee (Korea) Sang-Shil Kim at Land of the Not So Calm... "Being adopted did not make me this (messed) up. But being abandoned did."

The Other Woman -- adoptive momma (China) Meredith Teagarden at The Things We Carried... a recent conversation with a fellow adoptive parent leaves her feeling flabbergasted

I'm Bloggin' Again
-- adult adoptee Lillie at It Came From the Cabbage Patch... her thoughts after reading Ms. Tedaldi's recent article at the Motherlode blog

What wrong with the truth? -- adoptive momma (China) Cavatica at Cavatica's Web... talking with your child about relinquishment/ abandonment

The Long Road -- adoptive momma (China) Sara at Football & Fried Rice... a brief glimpse at their attachment journey so far

THE PRICE WE ALL PAY Human Trafficking in International Adoption -- adult adoptee (Vietnam) Kevin Minh Allen at Conducive Magazine... exploring ways to effectively address the issue of human trafficking and adoption

You know you enjoy Western priviledge when... -- waiting to adopt (China) madduchess at the disloyal subject of the red queen... a recent conversation with a dummard

Chronic Problem or Redemptive Response? -- adoptive momma (domestic, transracial) Miles' Mama at The Chronicles of Miles... two recent blog posts leave her pondering this question

Adoption Guilt -- adult adoptee (domestic, transracial) and adoptive momma (China) Wendy at Adoption & Fire... feeling a tad irked with all of the finger-pointing at white adoptive parents, many of whom are trying their best

4 comments:

Mei-Ling said...

Hey TM, thanks so much for linking the Quintessentially Chinese post.

VERY good read.

kerri said...

Great post, thanks for the links...

Annie said...

Thanks again, Tm. I was especially interested to read the "Adoption Guilt" post. I sometimes can get bogged down in the kinds of posts she was blogging about!! Refreshing!!

Kris said...

Thanks so much for linking me!! Someone called Melodie commented (she had to have come from here, I've never seen her comment and your blog is the only one listed under the ones she follows)- I can't get to her website and I'm so wanting to email her- she meets her daughter the SAME day as me!!! Need to post my itinerary but I'm drowning in getting ready!