About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Flower Girl

The Tongginator? She cracks me up, y'all.

After navigating a few awkward conversations with said five-year-old these past few days, I thought I'd finally gotten through to her about her latest Number One Priority: becoming a Flower Girl in my cousin Cinderella's non-existent wedding. I made it clear to the Tongginator that a wedding ceremony? Wasn't in the cards quite yet... if at all. (Though we DO adore Mr. Possible Prince Charming. Just so you know.)

I thought the Tongginator finally let go of her grand master plan. I thought I penetrated through her stubbornness persistence to the logic that exists inside her five-year-old brain. Some of you may be wondering... logic? Five-year-old? But - aha! - the two are not mutually exclusive. Because to a five-year-old? Who is currently obsessed with the movie Enchanted? It's all about the singing, y'all. And Mr. Possible Prince Charming never once sang a song during our visit to the lake. It's also all about the bling. And my cousin Cinderella did not glitter and sparkle on that all important finger.

After a ten minute discussion Tuesday afternoon, I truly thought the Tongginator was (sniff, sniff, sob, wail, argue with mom, stomp, pout, distract, play) letting go of her dream. But - alas - I was wrong. Because the Tongginator did not bid farewell to her dream... she simply adjusted her goals a bit to fit the reality of the situation.

Y'all... may I present the Tongginator, as a new and improved Flower Girl...


And for those of you who assume that the Tongginator perhaps failed in her goal of dressing in head-to-toe Flower Girl attire, allow me to reassure you.


She also deliberated for quite some time about her jacket choices, feeling a bit miffed that her sole floral option displayed only one (one!) blossom.


I'd show y'all a photograph of her oh-so-carefully selected floral panties, but... well... let's just not go there, shall we?

29 comments:

Clare said...

Beautiful! It all sounds very sensible to me, adjusting your dreams like that. Very practical!

Rhonda said...

Pssst Tongginator, come here...a little closer...tell your mom that to finish your look you definitely need some flowers in your hair.

Oh, and TM, I *love* the caption across the Tongginator's face. ;)

Beach Mama said...

That is the BEST "flower girl" ensemble I have ever seen. All she needs to finish it off is a flower tiara (to combine flowers and bling) and basket of rose petals. I love a girl that can make "lemonade out of lemons"!

happygeek said...

That's awesome.
Now if the magical date ever happens you don't even need to buy a new dress. The outfit is all ready!
Way to go T! Planning ahead and saving your mom money!!!!
:)

Tonggu Grammy said...

I, for one, am proud of her attitude adjustment and creativity. Can't imagine what Mrs. Confetti thought when she showed up at school like that, though!

justgerbil said...

That redefines awesome. That girl is no slouch!

bbmomof2boys said...

She definitely knows her own mind huh?!! She wants to be a flower girl so she's going to be a flower girl!!

Love her mind...

Hugs,
Carla

autumnesf said...

All I can say is....WOW.

Jboo said...

Funny -- she knows how to dress like a flower girl!

Janet

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

This is hilarious! And so Josie-like too!

thegypsymama said...

The girl has EARNED it!

Janet said...

Oh, honestly! I love that kid! What a hoot she must be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie said...

Leave it to the Tongginator!!! That is just priceless!!! I commend her choice of floral attire and proclaim that she would make any bride proud!!! Hehe!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

How can you not just adore The Tongginator?? I LOVE her flower girl attire.....right down to the carefully selected jacket sporting the one and only flower:)

I had to laugh when I read your Mom's comment!!

Lisa

jen@odbt said...

Love her attention to detail. That is a good thing :)

Dawn said...

Hey, when the situation gets desperate, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! And of course the undergarments have flowers, too - why would anyone assume otherwise???

Love. it.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Amazed at her creativeness! You go girl!

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

What style, what grace, what a look!!! Love it! LOVE IT ALL!

Cavatica said...

Truly awesome attitude adjustment. And she looks fabulous!!!

Buckeroomama said...

She goes all out, doesn't she? Heh. I have some temp flower tattoos here if she needs them. ;p

Carla said...

Well that IS the very definition of flower girl I think. ;)

You don't need to have a wedding to get the fancy dress. I think you should go out and purchase a fancy dress for and tell TongguDad that he is to take his beautiful daughter out on a date at a fancy restaurant of her choosing...like say Chick-Fil-A. ;) That is AFTER you've had me come up and photograph your darling little girl...then we can go out for a girls night.

Yeah, I think that could work out all right. LOL

Sharie said...

Sorry Carla, purchasing a fancy dress doesn't work - been there done that:)

I must give the Tongginator props for creativity!

Myrnie said...

You know...I think I adore your daughter :) I'm lovin' the outfit!

Jean said...

Love the outfit! Good idea to keep the jacket open so the flowers on the shirt can be viewed! Definitely making a fashion statement!

Laura L. said...

I really love her style. Too cute! This is so much fun to see.

Heather of the EO said...

I truly believe this is how young girls should be allowed to dress as "flower girls" in actual weddings :)

Patty O. said...

I love it! The Tongginator is nothing if not practical, right?

3 Peanuts said...

SO funny...she is a clever little one:)

Dita said...

The Tongginator gives new meaning to the word "Flower Child".

She is one smart cookie. I hope you're eatin' your Wheaties, TM because if she keeps this up she's gonna pass you pretty quick.

5 years old? Are you sure she's not 25?