About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Notes from the Motherland -- adult adoptee (Korea) Leanne/ girl 4708 at Hello Korea! adoptee repatriation adventure... visiting the offices of the Eastern Social Welfare Services, an adoption agency in Seoul, Korea

Can Two Mothers Really Share a Child? -- first mother Linda at Birth Mother, First Mother Forum... describing her relationship with her daughter's adoptive mother

Adoption & the Fight For Human Rights -- adult adoptee (domestic) the Passionate Peach at Neither Here Nor There... an August/ September 2009 editorial in Conducive Magazine about the state of international adoption today

China Challenge! -- librarian ninja Jennie at Bibliophile... sign up for this year's China Challenge, committing to reading and learning more about the country of China

coming clean -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn at this woman's work... thoughts and feelings about her daughter Madison's first father

"Do Adoptees Wish They Hadn't Been Adopted?" -- adult adoptee (Korea) Yoon Seon at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida)...her many layered answer to a very forward question

Families for Orphans Act -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... a concise description of the Families for Orphans Act that

International adoption & first parents -- adoptive momma (China) Jessica Pegis at O Solo Mama... thoughts about China's total lack of information about first families

Openness is as openness does -- waiting to adopt (China) the Mad Duchess at the disloyal subject of the red queen... how CAN a family foster openness in adoption when one adopts from China?

Who does she look like?
-- adoptive momma (China) Shirlee McCoy at And Then There Were Seven... thoughts about her daughter's first parents

Dutch Government Buries Investigation -- adoptive dad (China) and oft-controversial China-adoption businessperson Brian Stuy at Research-China.Org... the head of a Dutch adoption agency resigns when she feels the Dutch government buries a corruption investigation

CaucASIAN -- adoptive momma (Korea) CC at If Only I Had Super Powers... life as the only Caucasian in her family

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

In my heart I believe our children are so blessed to live in such a diverse community. There are so many different kinds of children adopted from so many different countries now...they are not alone as the first adoptees were....I pray for all of the adoptees that their identity will not rely on where they were born and who there parents are or are not but who there real Father is...and that He created them to be who they are and they are God's most beautiful masterpiece. Have a great Sunday...love you.

Colleen said...

Love Sunday Linkage!!!! Thank you for taking the time to do this each week : )

Kiy said...

I second Collen's comment. I look forward to this all week. I laugh, cry, and most importantly, think.

Cheers, Kiy

mermaid of samares said...

Hey Tonggu momma - I'm a new reader to your blog, and a fellow "tonggu momma" myself to a wonderful 19 month old whom we adopted in January. These Sunday linkages are such a gem for me - thank you for sharing your research with us!