About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

worlds -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at The Blur... emotions after meeting her biological family

Primal Wounds? -- adoptive momma (China) Karen Maunu at A Life of Giving... a letter written by an adult adoptee causes her to explore the pain of abandonment and the sadness even adoption cannot diminish

immigration and privilege -- blogger resistance at Resist Racism... thoughts on the recent TB rule changes, what happened to the Scrugg's family and the FACE Act

claiming our own - adoptive momma (domestic, open) luna at life from here: musings from the edge... possession and ownership of children, especially as it pertains to adoption

The Tragedy of Separation and God's "Plans" -- first mother Fire Mom at The Chronicles of Munchkin Land... a beautifully written post about God's plans and how it relates to adoption

One of Them -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at The Other Heping... in reunion and currently visiting her first family in Taiwan, Mei-Ling experiences a moment when she spots a Westerner on the train

Adoption Goes to School ALREADY -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... her daughter Zoe already drew a picture portraying her first parents - during the first week of the new school year

Paying the Price of Adoption -- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... an emotional moment between mother and son after she found him reading her blog

What does "feelings of abandonment" actually mean?
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Leanne/ girl4708 at Adoption Survivor... Leanne answers a question posed by student doing a school project on adoption


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oft times these can be challenging to read & reflect on...but always I'm glad I did. I try hard to read free of judgement and respect that everyone's song of experience will be varied.

Thank you for offering these links each week! :)
Lisa

luna said...

thanks for the linkage! I look fwd to checking these out!

JBH said...

Yes, thanks! As an adult Asian adoptee myself, I look forward to reading them (even though I'm not Chinese and not an International adoption...).