About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Is It So Wrong? A Poem. -- guest writer Jennie (adult adoptee) at Pushpa Duncklee's (adult adoptee, India) blog Pushpa's Blog... a moving poem about an adoptee's emotions and the pressure she feels from others to keep silent

But it's no use going back to yesterday because I was such a different person then
-- waiting to adopt (China) madduchess at the disloyal subject of the red queen... madduchess reflects on lessons learned during her 32+ month wait

Nope, Not Much Has Changed
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... an adoption conversation with her Mandarin teacher while on her reunion trip to Taiwan

Adoption and Teens and Tweens -- adoptive momma (Korea) and adoption researcher Dawn Davenport at Creating a Family... a review of Mei Magazine - by her teen daughter

whose life is it, anyway? -- adoptive momma (China) mama d at zarfing sunshine... how to talk with your child about adoption

"Are they orphans?" -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... one child's question at the pool, showing that it can happen anywhere

Becoming a Father -- adult adoptee papa2hapa at Noraebang... an adoptee reflects on adoption after the birth of his daughter

Parenting as an adoptee -- adult adoptee (domestic) AmyAdoptee at Adoption and Its Triad... her thoughts about how adoption influences her parenting of her (biological) daughters

1 comments:

Annie said...

Once again, thank you for this! I actually copied the piece on Zarfing Sunshine about talking to your child about adoption and saved it a new folder on my computer labeled "conversations with Lizzie." Now I have a place to save wonderful things like this to help me when these questions start coming, which knowing Lizzie won't be long from now! Thanks again TM!!!