About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, August 17, 2009

Maybe I Shouldn't Have Told Her...

Early Thursday morning...

TONGGINATOR: Momma, can I watch just one more of the "Follow Jade" shows?

I looked at the DVD main menu, trying to figure out if Tonggu Daddy had pressed "Play All" or picked just one of the four 15 minute episodes earlier. I couldn't figure it out.

TONGGU MOMMA: Did you already watch all four of these lessons or did Daddy just pick the "Fruits and Vegetables" one?

TONGGINATOR: (long pause) Are you going to ask Daddy that question?

TONGGU MOMMA: (raising an eyebrow) Do I need to?

TONGGINATOR: Umm... no.

TONGGU MOMMA: Okay. Well then, I think you've watched enough.

About three minutes pass and then...

TONGGINATOR: Momma?

TONGGU MOMMA: Yes, Tongginator?

TONGGINATOR: (whispering) I almost lied to you.

TONGGU MOMMA: (whispering back) I know.

24 comments:

Mei-Ling said...

I don't get this post.

Maybe I am just slow.

Tonggu Grammy said...

Mei-Ling, she's only allowed to watch a limited amount of TV. If she had already watched ALL the episodes, that was enough time spent. If she only watched one, then she could have more TV time. She had to carefully weigh her response. Good job, Tongginator!

day by day said...

She is so clever...love how she admitted her "almost lie"!! Good for her!!!

sara said...

What a sweet, sweet girl!! I love her honest little spirit :)

Andrea said...

Good for her for being honest!

Snap said...

How sweet! My boys? They'd have totally lied. Way to go Tongginator (and TM!).

Kayce said...

Love that honesty!

Mahmee said...

Ha! That was awesome!
M.

QingLu Mama said...

Too very cute...that Tongginator always keeps me laughing!

Dawn said...

Way to go T and T Momma! A good lesson learned.

jennifer said...

That is so adorable! How sweet!

CC said...

Yeah for not giving into that lie!

Kim said...

How sweet that she admitted that she almost lied. Now you have proof you're doing something right.

Holly said...

She's a genius I tell you!
Awesome when you see that character is being built, isn't it?

jen@odbt said...

Good for her and you too. I caught my 8 y.o. in a lie the other day...he got in trou-ble!

Patricia/NYC said...

LOVE her!!

Annie said...

LOVE it:) Good for her!!!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Oh, sweet and lesson learned! Love it!

Sharie said...

Nice work! What an honest little one:)

Heather of the EO said...

Ha! That. Is priceless. Hopefully she continues to be moved to confess, huh?

Aunt LoLo said...

Please tell Miss T (in a whisper, if you don't mind) "Aunt LoLo laughed so hard she almost snorted."

Thank you.

And now, I am going to bed, because I am obviously much more punchy than I realized.

Mamma Christine said...

I LOVE IT! I just dropped by for the first time via Aunt LoLo so I'm not sure how old Tongginator is, but sounds like something one of my boys would say! Such a cute story.

Patty O. said...

OH, that is so funny!

It reminds me of when I was babysitting my sister's kids this past week. My niece wanted some cookies but hadn't finished her dinner. Later, when I asked her if she had finished her meal (I had left the kitchen for a bit) she said, "Yes, but don't check the garbage can." Cracked me up.

Patty O. said...

P.S. Of course my niece got a long timeout for lying to me (I asked her if she threw her meal out and she said "no.") But still, it was funny that she ratted herself out.