About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Saturday, July 25, 2009

Update on TwoFish

I wanted to thank y'all for your prayers and good thoughts for TwoFish. She is home from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and doing VERY well. Mrs. Fish sent out a quick update to let us know that TwoFish is healthy again and happy... she even swam in their pool a bit. (My goodness, the wonders of modern medicine and God's healing touch!) Mrs. Fish also shared that....

I have learned several things in the process:
  1. When your children are sick in the hospital, you can age a year in a day!
  2. My cats really love when my husband is not home (he tortures them daily).
  3. Don't sweat the small stuff - really.
  4. I have really great friends, family and work-mates. I am truly blessed.

I hope wherever you are, you don't go to bed angry and you kiss your loved ones good night!

15 comments:

Mamatini said...

I came right over here after I got your email. I'm so glad to hear that Two Fish is doing so much better and is home!!

Skin infections can get scary very fast. Thank goodness she was in good hands.

Briana's Mom said...

Answered prayers! Yay!!

jen@odbt said...

Thank goodness and great lessons to share.

Aunt LoLo said...

Thanks for the update! Glad she's home.

sara said...

Sweet news for the Fish Family!!!!!

Marla said...

What a relief, glad to hear she's doing so well!

Sharie said...

So glad she is doing better. 2 years ago my niece had staph, and her mom and sister got MRSA. They traced each case back to a different gym. Scary. My niece Leah ended up in the hospital for several days and it was really scary. My sister's was on her FACE the dermatologist mis-diagnosed it, but thankfully being a nurse who had 2 daughters who had just been through it she was able to talk the dermatologist through what steps needed to be taken.
I agree, modern medicine and PRAYER is a very powerful combination.
So glad TwoFish is up and swimming again!

The Gang's Momma said...

Thanks for the update. CHOP rocks and we love hearing great stories of happy families. We thank God for them all the time. Especially on pay day :) ;)

day by day said...

Hi! Just catching up here. Sorry to hear that TwoFish was not feeling well...but am soooo happy she is doing better and home!!!

Janet said...

I am so thankful that she is okay!!!!!!

Neil was in the hospital when he was a baby. It was SO scary and I am quite sure I aged a few years.

Tricia said...

Nice lessons. Learned the hard way, I would say. God bless.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

So glad to hear the good news!!!

Lisa

Dita said...

Wonderful news! Hooray!!!
Yep, don't sweat the small stuff!

Jboo said...

So glad she's feeling better and home! Hope all have a good week!

Janet

bbmomof2boys said...

Good for twofish! Mrs. Fish is right, when faced with a sick child in the hospital you realize what is important and what isn't.

Hugs,
Carla