About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Under Water, Year Two

After this incident last summer, I didn't think the Tongginator would ever learn to swim. Well, she still hasn't, but we are one huge step closer to thinking about contemplating considering possibly learning how. Because last week the Tongginator willingly putting her head under the water.

How did that happen? Why, Tonggu Grammy of course.


My momma truly is The Most Amazing Kid Person You Will Ever Meet. She not only convinces children to bend to her will, she makes them think it was their idea in the first place. Heh.

After we got over the initial hurdle, my momma devised an Evil Plot. From now on, the Tongginator must earn her pool minutes. Every time she submerges, she earns 15 minutes at the pool. After one day, the Tongginator started glub glub glubbing to the bottom every five minutes, telling me that we'd be there All Day Long.

Oh, joy.

But actually it was. I'm having the time of my life watching my Tongginator blossom into a Big Kid. She's trying so very hard to keep up with her peers and master new skills. It may take us awhile to swim across the pool (okay, okay) five feet, but that's alright with me.

Because the Tongginator's swim lane has been deeper and longer than most... and she's diving in head feet first, trying her best to stay afloat.


I am so proud of you, honey bear. And I love you very much. (You, too, Tonggu Grammy.)

20 comments:

Kati said...

Ahh! Ha.. she will get there.. and yea for progress!

Aunt LoLo said...

Way to go, Miss T!!!!! (And good job, Grammy T.)
*sigh* I just love a happy ending.

Pug Mama said...

BIG steps!!!!

Gail said...

Great job Miss T...and aren't Grandmas just the best?!

jen@odbt said...

To have the patience of a Grammy. Tongginator will get there. My oldest kids learned 2 summers ago and now I can't keep them out of the water. Working on #3...small steps.

Buckeroomama said...

Way to go, yay! Kudos to T.Grammy, too!

abc123vn said...

YEAH! It always helps to have someone who knows what they are doing! Sounds like you will be at the pool A LOT this summer!

Carla said...

YAY!!!!!

and I adore that butterfly swim suit. :)

Wade's World said...

Can Tonggu Grammy come teach Jackson to swim?

Kristin said...

Yay! Super job by the Tongginator and Grammy!! Keep up the great work even if it means mommy is stuck at the pool ALL DAY!

My youngest just learned to swim last week and is so proud of herself.

Mamatini said...

Way to go, Tonggu Grammy, and Tongginator! That is huge! (And a big slap on the back for you, too, TM!)

Mahmee said...

Fabulous. What a big step!
Our girl has issues with submersion in water....swim lessons were a total flop. We're surrounded by water where we live so, I'm hoping she moves forward with it as she gets older. Does Tonggu Grammy rent her skills by the hour? Ha.
M.

The Source said...

All right!! Tongginator, we are all very proud of you!! Keep on dunking that head so mama will have to stay at the pool forever. Good job, Tonggu Grammy! I'm betting that girl will be swimming circles around you by the end of the summer.

All four of mine learned to swim at different ages...from 20 months (Darling Daughter, naturally) all the way up to 10 years (Pip). It just depended on when they were comfortable enough in the water to really give it a try. This is the first year we've had Pip Squeak jumping off the diving board and swimming to the bottom to get things.

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Yipee for the Tongginator!

Now, off to read more under the SI label on your blog - I seem to be seeing a lot of similarities between T and O. O will swim for hours but hates to get her face wet.

M3 said...

Yes!!!! Way to go. We are all about celebrating every little milestone over here. And the head under water is huge.

Jboo said...

Yay for the Tongginator! And Yay for Granny -- Grandmas can figure everything out, can't they!

Janet

autumnesf said...

I love that last picture! There is nothing better than a grandma!

a little leprechaun said...

That is awesome!! Keegan has been doing a lot better about getting in the water at the pool to this year! It's amazing what a year does! Maybe it's now that they are both 5?!?!?

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

mommy24treasures said...

what a WONDERFUL Grandma! That is such a huge blessing.
I know T will get it down and be swimming across the pool in no time. I wish she could come spend a day with us at the pool:)

CC said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!!! I just got some movies of The Flash swimming with his grandma. I'm so darn proud of the kid!!!!