About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, July 23, 2009

TwoFish needs prayers

Many of y'all know how close we are to the Fish family, who live just a few hours from us in the Philadelphia area. We met OneFish and Mrs. Fish in the Detroit airport, on our way to meet and adopt our new daughters. We instantly clicked, chatting it up on the plane to Tokyo, then Beijing. (Okay... well... Tonggu Daddy slept the ENTIRE planeride, but I chatted with them.) We kicked around Beijing as a foursome for a few days before heading off to Nanchang to meet our daughters.

And then we discovered a VERY special connection.

Not only were our daughters from the same orphanage, the Tongginator and RedFish were found on the exact same day, just blocks from one another. They met as newborns (born about two days apart) and were already close friends.

That clinched our life-long friendship. We adore the Fish Family. And now their oldest daughter, TwoFish, is at Children's Hospital in Philadelphia. She was admitted via the emergency room with a diagnosis of necrotizing fasciitis, but - thankfully - overnight the doctors downgraded her diagnosis to a bad case of cellulitis.

She'll be in the hospital for several days as they try to fight off the infection. We received an e-mail update this morning that proves Mrs. Fish has yet to lose her sense of humor: OneFish also mentioned that TwoFish is sharing a room with a 2 year old, and I had to laugh out loud picturing someone BlueFish's size, sharing the room with her and possibly tantruming and throwing fits and keeping her up all night. Kind of like being home...

Memorial Day weekend 2009 at Ben and Jerry's in Annapolis:
BlueFish, the Tongginator, RedFish and Two Fish


Please pray for and send good thoughts of healing and rest for our dear friends.

19 comments:

Tonggu Grammy said...

Oh, Two Fish, you are in my prayers! You will be up and able to escape those wretched 2yr olds in no time at all.

One Fish and Mrs. Fish, hang in there!

The Source said...

Poor Two Fish! That's really scary! We'll be praying lots of prayers for her down here in SC and sending hopes that she will be all better very soon! She looks like a very charming little girl.

Cheri said...

Praying for Two Fish here. Cellulitis is not fun! She is a cutie.

redmaryjanes said...

I will happily pray for your friends. Thank you for your sleep advice :)

bbmomof2boys said...

Little Twofish, you are in my prayers! PTL its not that other nasty thing! My oldest got MRSA and we almost lost him to it. Any type of skin infection is not good. I'll also pray that the hospital stays dillagent for other infections.

Hugs,
Carla

Jillene said...

What a great connection between your families!! I will keep them in my prayers!!

Wanda said...

I'm praying for the Fish Family. Your connection is so special!

Kayce said...

We'll be keeping them in our prayers.

Sarah said...

Praying!

PS. I have so been to that EXACT B&J's. I was drowning myself in ice cream with 2 friends after not being able to find a Navy man :)-

Mamatini said...

Oh dear, I know exactly how scary that can be, having been there myself several years ago. Although I think it must be scarier when it's your child. Our prayers are with her and her family.

Jboo said...

Keeping the Fish family in my prayers!

janet

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Sending all the good vibes we have here in Saint Louis to the Fish Family!

BTW... Josie walked by while I was reading your entry and she said "Is that me eating icecream? And who are those other girls? I don't know them!" LOL!

And now she has Ice Cream on the brain... seesh, it will be a long afternoon.

jennifer said...

What a sweet friendship! Praying for that family.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I will keep the fish family in my prayers.....how scary!! Please keep us posted!!

Lisa

JennyMac said...

What a touching post. 1000 positive thoughts your way.

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Sending my prayers now!!

Carla said...

adding my prayers as well!

She's adorable, and what a "restful" time she's having. Although, I guess it's similar to what she'd have at home and thus might actually be restful?

The Gang's Momma said...

Well, I know I'm biased, but she's in very, very good hands at CHOP. We're praying for a speedy recovery for her and rest and peace for the parents!

Jennifer said...

WOW! Big prayers for Twofish!!! Please keep me posted.

Jen