About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

ethica positions on pending international adoption legislation -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... the ethica positions on Senate Bill 1376 (vaccinations) and House Bill 3070 Families For Orphans Act

"She's Special Because She's Adopted." The Irony that Comes of Good Intentions of Adoptive Parents. -- adult adoptee (Korea) Yoon Seon at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida)... when adoptive parents place TOO much emphasis on adoption

Pa in Blackface: Confronting Racism in Children's Books -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn Friedman, who regularly blogs at this woman's work, at Anti-Racist Parent... tackling racism in children's literature through conversations with our children

Consulate Red Tape -- adoptive momma (China) The Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... more issues in Guangzhou, this time about what happens if your homestudy qualifies you only for a non-special needs adoption, but your child has some surprise special needs, including developmental delays

6 to 23
-- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... a conversation with several family members, including her mother, about the number of grandchildren in the family

All In a Name -- Shinyung, a Korean-American who immigrated to the United States as a child, at the group blog Kimchi Mamas... while striving to find just the right name for her unborn child, Shinyung reflects on her own Korean and American names

How Much Culture? -- adult adoptee (Korea) and licensed social worker Jae Ran Kim at Harlow's Monkey... an interesting article about how much culture adoptive parents should incorporate into their family's lives

7 comments:

delucchi family said...

Hey there TM, just catching up withyour last few posts!
Love the Sunday scripture. Where did you find the Chinese versions?
Love also the story of the sleep in, or not as was the case - hate it when that happens, when a planned sleep in goes horribly wrong!
Love and prayers
Jules
xxx

prechrswife said...

I hadn't seen that RQ link. One of the Tonggu sweeties in our travel group would have fallen into that category--they had to get an addendum to bring her home. I can't imagine their frustration if they had been delayed with a baby who needed surgery (and she did).

Colleen said...

Love Sunday Linkage : )

blackbelt said...

"Sunday linkage" makes me think of sausage! ;~)

윤선 said...

Thanks for linking me again! ^_^ I've been enjoying your blog, also!^^

rosemary said...

Really enjoyed this article on children's literature and the link to "How Much Culture". Good picks!

The Gang's Momma said...

More good reading stuff. I love Sundays :)