About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

A New Scandal -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk and also Family Planning Officials in China Forced Parents to Give Children to Orphanage -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... information about the scandal unfolding in Guizhou Province

Out of the blue -- adoptive momma (China) Sandra at The Daily Grind... a recent conversation with her daughter about birthparents

Who Are My "Real" Family Members? -- adult adoptee (Korea) Yoon Seon at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida)... her reactions after hearing from others, even extended family members, that her adoptive parents aren't her "real" parents

China Daddy: a 15 post -- adoptive daddy (China) Johnny at so, it's come down to this... on the decided lack of discussion about first fathers within the adoption blogging community

What Cheeses My Grits: Part 1 -- waiting to adopt (Thailand) Rosemary at Becoming a Family... is adoption an acceptable form of ministry?

Has Anything Changed When it Comes to Media Coverage of Adoption? -- adoptive momma (China) Joanne Bamberger at PunditMom... thoughts about a recent interview with Angelina Jolie in the magazine Vanity Fair

Five Comments NOT to Say to a Birthmother
-- first mother birthmom at The Story of a Girl... words to avoid saying at all, but especially to a first mother

Blog Swap - The Meanest Mom is Here!
-- a guest post written by Jana Matthews of The Meanest Mom at the blog The Silver Whining... a conversation with a stranger in the park while they both watched her sister play with her children - her sister who was adopted from Korea several decades ago

Following the Lead -- Liza Talusan, an Asian-American educator and speaker about race relations, at the blog To Loosen the Mind... a conversation with her three-year-old about Asian eyes

I hate reading things like this -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... why you should strongly consider becoming a bone marrow donor... think of Julia, think of Kailee Wells

4 comments:

Adele said...

Thanks for the links! Have a great day!
Adele

Chris said...

I have been following your blog for months...I just love it!!!!

The 'Sunday Linkage' is the best! I learn so much...and grow as a parent.

BTW, my little darling so reminds me of yours.

Have a great day!

윤선 said...

Oh, thankyou for linking me!^^

Annie said...

Thanks for the great links!!!