About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, July 24, 2009

The Ring

This past Monday the Tongginator and I headed over to Canuck K's house for a playdate with her girls. The Tongginator was SO excited to see Cinnamon and Spice because they hadn't seen each other for almost two weeks. And I was excited to see Canuck K because I wanted to hear all about her anniversary date on Saturday evening. I knew her husband had something special planned, but I didn't know what.

When we first arrived, the twins practically pounced on us, they felt so excited.

CINNAMON: Miss TM, Miss TM... you gotta see the ring my Daddy got my Mommy. It is SO bee-you-ti-ful!!!!

TONGGU MOMMA: It IS? I didn't know your daddy gave your mommy a ring. Your mommy didn't tell me. I can't wait to see it!

CANUCK K: (calling from the other room) Cinnamon, why don't you go upstairs and get it so Miss TM can see it?

Cinnamon practically sprints upstairs, she is so very excited.

TONGGU MOMMA: (walking to the kitchen to join her) Why didn't you tell me he got you a ring? It's not your tenth anniversary or anything, is it?

CANUCK K: (looking at me wryly) Seventh. And I didn't tell you because I didn't want to make you jealous.

TONGGU MOMMA: Jealous? You know I wouldn't feel jealous! I'd be happy for you! Besides, I don't even wear jewelry. I barely remember to put on my wedding ring some days. I don't even have my ears pierced.

CANUCK K: Yeah... but... I just don't think you could help feeling jealous of THIS ring.

CINNAMON: (sprinting into the kitchen, hiding the ring behind her back) Look, Miss TM! It even lights up!!! Isn't it bee-you-ti-ful?!?!!!


Now THAT is a rock. Heh.

28 comments:

Tonggu Grammy said...

Now that is a man worth keeping!!!! What a bee-yu-ti-ful hunk of jewelry. I, quite frankly, AM jealous.

bbmomof2boys said...

Don't you just love seeing the world through our children's eyes? It really makes you think about what is and isn't important.

Canuck K - Happy 7th Anniversary!!

Hugs,
Carla

bbmomof2boys said...

Oh - and TM - how is twofish doing??

Hugs,
Carla

sara said...

My husband has NEVER got me anything that fan-tab-ulous. Now, **I'm** jealous.

The Gang's Momma said...

Okay ladies, you are all too sweet and nice. The Boss would be sleeping on the couch for a prank like that. I take my jewelry (what little I have or ever get!) very seriously. ;P

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Did you lift it before you left???? that is hard to resist! ;-)

jen@odbt said...

That *is* a whopper of a ring!

Gail said...

Now I AM really jealous...our 20th is coming up in a few months, I'll have to give a hint to Dan.
This is so cute! ;)

Aunt LoLo said...

A rock?! I think it's a vintage doorknob!

Either way, I'm jealous. ;-)

Cheri said...

Aunt LoLo just made me spit out my tea!! It is SOME ring! ;)

Rhonda said...

Holy crap, he must have won the grand prize in the gumball machine!

Kayce said...

That is an anniversary gift for sure! LOL!

The Source said...

OOOoooohhh Aaaahhhhh....I love it! So sparkly! So shiny! So HUGE!

Beach Mama said...

Oh where-o-where can i get one??? My 20th annivesary is coming up and I can drop the hint to Captain Daddy. How many carats do you suppose it is, 20? That would be one for each year. I don't wear much jewelry but I would wear that! rock!

Myrnie said...

HA- what a rock! :)That's fantastic!

Holly said...

Wow. I hope there was another gift too!

Wade's World said...

Now that's a ring to be jealous of!!

Hee-hee!!

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

I don't think it is all THAT big. ;)

Jboo said...

Woot! That IS impressive! What a sweet hubby! :)

Janet

QingLu Mama said...

Wait a minute...did I read that it even LIGHTS UP! Sweet
And after only 7 years...what glamorous gift will Canuk K get on their 10th?

Jennifer said...

Now that's a ring....Katie Min Min would be all over that!

Jen

Carla said...

Oh my little Princess would think it's just so perfectly beautiful! I wonder how she can lift her hand with it on?! *giggle*

Sharie said...

That is a Rockin Rock! Now if a man gave me a light up ring, I might just marry him:)

RamblingMother said...

I can see how you would be jealous, I mean, it lights up and everything?!?!?!

Janet said...

It LIGHTS UP? Now THAT is bling! And a half. Tee hee.

happygeek said...

WEll yeah. EVeryone knows that 25 is silver, 50 is gold and 7 is Elton John jewellery.

Annie said...

LOVE it!! I once got a ring out of a bubble gum machine as a gift! Not from my hubby but from a very handsome young man (5 year old) nonetheless!! Thanks also for your help with Lizzie's eating or lack of I should say:)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Now that is some serious bling!!!