About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Classic Tongginator, Part 3

Don't forget to write your OWN Tongginator story for Friday. And - if you are interested in China's special needs adoption program - remember to check out the No Hands But Ours site (just click on the blog button). I do Wednesday links there specific to special needs, much like my Sunday links at Our Little Tongginator.

"As Cool As Elmo"

One of our many Weekend Wonderfulness events with the Fish Five family involved a little corner of the world that Mass Marketers like to call Sesame Place. If you've never visited Sesame Place in eastern Pennsylvania, imagine Sesame Street, complete with a few sound stages, alongside an indoor tot lot on steroids, with a water park added for good measure.

I mean, just in case you get bored.

If you have ADD or something.

The Fish Five became season members of Sesame Place this year, so we attended Opening Day with all the naivety of parents who rarely do anything Extra-Special with their children. Mrs. Fish, One Fish, the Husband and I ALL thought, 'oooh, fun. We'll go take some pictures with Big Bird and Elmo.' Ha! We didn't realize the Sesame Place crowds proportionally rival the horde at Disney World.

Only the children are also a tad younger.

Which means Stroller Derby Chaos.

And Screaming.

Lots of Screaming.

We managed to have fun anyway because we are easy-going like that.

Okay, maybe the Husband, Mrs. Fish, OneFish, RedFish and BlueFish are easy-going like that. TwoFish, myself and the Tongginator fall into a whole other category, but we were outnumbered, so it still worked.

Sort of.

But only because we kept the visit short. And because we watched Big Bird's Beach Party.

Which was Quite Cute, y'all.

RedFish ........ Sesame Friends ........ BlueFish


The most memorable part of the day involved a Tonggu Momma Stupidity Moment. It went something like this...


TONGGINATOR: (pointing vaguely towards the stage) Momma, can I please go do that?

TONGGU MOMMA
: Of course, honey bear. You can get closer.

I thought the Tongginator, like two dozen other children, would do this...


Which she did... for all of about five seconds.

Then she took off.

Because when she asked me "can I please go do that?," she didn't mean "can I join the other children who are standing right up against the stage?"

Not our Tongginator.

When the Tongginator asked "can I please go do that?," she meant "can I perform on the stage with my friends from Sesame Street, wiggling my booty and trying to look as Cool as Elmo?"

Which she did... for all of about five seconds.

Yes, you read that correctly. The Tongginator actually made it onto the stage and performed a few brief Booty Call moves. Her fifteen minutes of fame only lasted about five seconds, however.

Why so short a time?

Well, while the Tongginator DID successfully evade the clutches of the Employee Who Failed to Do Her Job Acting as Bouncer, the Tongginator didn't escape the clutches of Tonggu Momma.

Because I am fast, y'all.

Really fast.

But not fast enough to take a picture and grab her at the same time.

Plus, in the heat of the moment, several Sesame Place employees glaring at me feels a lot more important than y'all in BloggyLand. So I didn't feel it ethical to pause first to take a photo and THEN grab her.

Yes, I regret that now.

I apologize.

Maybe next time.

Because, knowing our Tongginator, there WILL be a next time.

Sigh.

I'm longing for the days when I traveled incognito. Alas, that forever changed during our first Tongginator Airplane Incident. I fear I can never return to Invisibility.

I'm going to have to start dressing better.

From May, 2008.

13 comments:

blackbelt said...

Anyone who names their kid The Tongginator must be punny. I'd LMAO at your puns I'm sure and totally embarrass my HH. The puns I love the most are the ones that most people want to ignore!! haha

blackbelt said...

Oh and this is a funny post!

Holly said...

Wow- your girl's got moves!
Gifted I tell you. Gifted! And not intimidated by fame one bit.
Yes, she's going places!

rosemary said...

As I have said before the tongginator is obviously the genetic personality clone that I was never destined to create. Now I will make you feel better about all her antics:

My dad was a methodist minister in small town GA when I was growing up and we lived in the parsonage right next to the little white church where we he worked. Well one boring Saturday when I was about 4 Daddy was preaching a funeral out in the cemetary. I was not allowed to attend but I wanted to. There was nothing else to do plus people got dressed up for funerals and I thought that dressing up was the best thing on earth. So my folks left me home alone and went out to the funeral. About half way through the graveside service they looked up to see me in full face, badly applied, mom's makeup, my last year's halloween mermaid costume, mom's highheels, and carrying three purses sailing down the center aisle.

If they weren't going to take me along then I had just decided to dress up and attend the funeral all by myself. Of course, I got spanked within an inch of my life, but I still remember how lovely I thought I looked as I left the house and marched across the church parking lot.

Jillene said...

hehe!! She ROCKS!!

Aunt LoLo said...

Repeat after me - Next time, throw the camera to TD, THEN grab Miss T.

"Cause there WILL be a next time."

Jboo said...

I agree with Aunt LoLo -- get the picture first, then Miss T! Funny story!

Janet

Sharie said...

One might think that by now the TM would be thinking one step ahead of little Miss T, but having a quick thinking ostentatious 4-year-old of my own; I know that it isn't possible.
The mental picture is enough for me - and I'm so glad she had orange on so she didn't blend in on stage:)

Briana's Mom said...

I totally remember this post. Hilarious. :)

I am taking Briana to see Dora Live in a few weeks. Pray for me.

mommy24treasures said...

oh I Loved this one.:)

Jean said...

This was so great- I could see it evolve! Way to go Tongginator!! You really should have gotten that pic!

I can only imagine the glares you got from the oh so slow employees! Now if you would have been my age you could have topped it off with a nice big hot flash!!

Love it! Love all the stories! Keep em comin!!

Annie said...

Oh my gosh!! Love it!! I agree, though, you have GOT to get the pic next time:)

epin said...

That's excellent! And yes, please remember photos (and maybe even video) next time. :-)