About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, July 27, 2009

Classic Tongginator, Part 1

This week I am seriously busy with all sorts of things, so I decided to run some Classic Tongginator stories that you might possibly don't know because I posted them way back when few people read Our Little Tongginator. Not that lots of people read here now, but when you go from, like, four readers to dozens, it feels like a Big Change. Plus, seriously, how many people actually read archives? (Of course I read YOUR archives... and I know YOU read MINE... but we are totally the exception.) The purpose of this rerun week is to better define the term Tongginator because, on Friday, I'd like it if y'all would share some of your OWN Tongginator stories (hopefully via Mr. Linky, but - if not - then via a list).

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy these Classic Tongginator stories. And be thinking of what story YOU can share. Also, the Tongginator would like to Announce To All that she no longer acknowledges the nickname Doodlebug. Just so you know...

"The Hadron Super Collider"

After dinner one evening last week, while the Tongginator munched on an Oreo cookie and the Husband read the paper at the kitchen table...

TONGGINATOR: Daddy, will you read to me?

TONGGU DADDY: Sure, honey.

The Husband, Enginerd Extraordinaire, began reading aloud an article about the Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator. I'm positive the article flew right over our little Tongginator's head, if only because the bulk of the story flew over MY head. Now, I'm not saying that I have a higher IQ than the Tongginator, but I at least have three decades and a wealth of experience on her.

As the Husband droned in the background, the Tongginator stared at the large photo of the Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator.

(Isn't that a fun phrase to say? Even if you have No Idea What It Means. I'm going to say it at least one more time before I finish this post. Perhaps more. I'm just saying.)

TONGGINATOR: (interrupting the read aloud and sporting a wrinkled brow) Daddy, one day, when I'm bigger, can I build that with you?

TONGGU DADDY: Well, doodlebug, Daddy doesn't know how to build [a Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator]. But one day, when you are a lot older and if you work really hard in school, one day you can build one of these with other people.

TONGGINATOR: (visibly relieved and possibly even excited) Okay, Daddy.

Pleased that he answered her question so effectively, in a manner in which most feminists would highly approve, the Husband continued reading aloud the article [about the Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator].

TONGGINATOR: (interrupting her Daddy yet again, this time with a face completely wrinkled in worry) But Daddy?

TONGGU DADDY: Yes, Tongginator?

TONGGINATOR: Daddy, what type of shoes should I wear when I build that? Can I wear my pink flipflop Princess shoes? With bows on them?

Y'all... the Husband had no words. And I - I truly have no words either. No words at all. Actually, that's not correct. I do have one more thing to say: Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator.

From September, 2008

22 comments:

The Source said...

Well at least she's put her priorities in the proper order! I mean what's the POINT in building a Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator if you don't look absolutely stunning while accelerating the particles?? Or colliding them. Or whatever it does. Does anyone know if they've used the thing yet? Other than just to test it out? I never heard another word about it.

Maybe she should build something more exciting. Like a flip-flop and boot making machine.

Dawn said...

I DO remember this post! So sad to hear about the demise of the Doodlebug name. I remember when my kids began requesting that we drop the pet names. Sigh...

Hope you're having a great week, despite your busyness!

Be blessed!

Sharie said...

Oh but I do remember reading this - and I HAVE read your archives:)
Happy Monday and busy week!

Dita said...

You, my dear, MUST write a book. It runs through my mind EVERYTIME I read your posts..and I mean, everytime!

This was no exception. I am chuckling through my morning!

Myrnie said...

Hee hee...your daughter is amazing :)

Rhonda said...

I'm totally getting a t-shirt that says "Hardon super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator", but I think I might get an odd look or two if I wore MY pink flip flop princess shoes with it.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I LOVE this story!

Mahmee said...

Aha - the tongginator TOTALLY gets the fact that girls can build things like the 'Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator' (you're right - that is fun) while being fashionable. There is a 'right' shoe for every occasion. :-)
M.

Sarah said...

Um, I've read some of your archives. Have you read some of mine?

Jboo said...

Such a great response -- it is VERY important to know which shoes to wear!! :)

Janet

Aunt LoLo said...

Well...did she ever get her answer?

I'd personally say, yes - go with the flip flops...except there's the possibility of dropped wrenches when building a [Hadron supercollider huge thingummy] so perhaps a new pair of pink steel-toed boots are in order. With bows on them, of course.

(And I do remember this post...and I'm off to lurk your archives. ;-))

Kim said...

fantastic story. thanks for reposting. she really does have the cutest personality going on.

and ya, Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator truly is fun to say.

Annie said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so cute!! Em and Lizzie often play football with their brothers in their tutus!! Whether it is building a Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator or playing football, a girl HAS to have the proper attire!!

Kayce said...

As I've said before...I love her love of shoes! I can't wait to see her on the front page of the Wall St. Journal as the woman with great shoes who built a Super collider particle accelerator.

Looking forward to the next archived story!

Suzy said...

Where was the Tongginator when I was getting ready for the American Idol concert Saturday? I so could have used some fashion advice - which shoes to be precise - and I am sure she would have provided the answer to the all important question of what shoes to wear to see Kris Allen and the other top 10 finalists.

Colleen said...

LOL I'm with the Tongginator...it's all about the shoes : )

Heather said...

I'm old enough in blog years to remember when there were about five adoption blogs. When I found them I actually read all of their archives from start to finish. Ah, those were the salad days. :)

Missy said...

Gotta love a girl who is worried about accessorizing while making such important building decisions for the world's largest particle accelerator :) I love that little TM! What a spirit she has...wonder who she gets that from? :)

Justin Narin said...

Haha we can never be a clear thinker like your Tongginator ;)



Freedom Debt Relief

Norah said...

So do the pink flip flop Princess shoes still fit? : ) With the bows?
I'm telling ya, that girl has it all! Brains AND beauty. Such a cute story!

Patty O. said...

You know, she breaks all stereotypes, doesn't she. The Tongginator will not be some brainy geek. Oh, no, she will be a fashionable, beautiful, intelligent woman, who just so happens to build a Hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator.

P.S. I think Bil and your dh would hit it off so well. They sound so much alike, and Bil is an Enginerd Extradinaire, too!

Cavatica said...

Good to see she thinks ahead!