About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, July 9, 2009

And this is why I adore Margie...

Two weeks ago, Marcie Pickelsimer (don't you just LOVE that last name?) invited all of the Grown In My Heart writers to join Adoption Voices. And I totally dragged my feet because - seriously - do I REALLY need to be on the internet more than I already am? Heh.

But then... slowly.... Adoption Voices sucked me into the vortex. Because it's another Ning site, kind of like Facebook, but all adoption, all the time. I know. So now I'm on. Even better, some of my favorite people in the adoption world are there, too, including Margie of Third Mom.

Earlier this week Margie started a group that I hope y'all will join - Adoptive Parents for Open Records. She chose that name carefully, wanting to communicate to the adoption world that there are adoptive parents in this world who support the cause... adoptive parents who want their children to have access to their original birth certificates... adoptive parents who understand that their children have a right to their own life stories.

Please consider joining us. (And come be my friend, too.)

12 comments:

Carolina Mama said...

Our dear friends are in Ethiopia right now adopting their son! :) Thinking of you all too. :)

QingLu Mama said...

So glad you stopped by my blog, and led me to yours! I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Being an adoptee (closed, very very closed adoption) I have always been saddend that we have no rights to our own records. You've got my support on this cause, I'll look into it now!
And yes, I love the Tonggu Momma name too!

Dawn said...

Well... I don't think I'm "qualified" for any of those groups. ;-)

But, I am delighted that you are finding support for all that is dear to your heart and family!!!

Blessings!

Sharie said...

I've been dragging my feet to join as well...facebook, twitter, blogger, how much more do I need...but now I think I'm going to have to go check it out!

Carla said...

Oh I'll definitely have to join that one....

LaLa said...

tonight Annslee totally out of the blue said "I miss my China mommy" not sure if she meant her foster mom or not..and so it begins : )

Lisa said...

When I have time I will absolutely take a closer look. For a Mama with one kiddo who may never be able to find critical information on her birth Mama, it makes my heart sing to recognize other voices in support of this worthy cause! Thank you for calling my attention to this....
Lisa

Michelle said...

Gotta go check this out. thanks for the link!

Jennifer said...

I will definitely check out this link!

Jen

Kayce said...

I'm off to join the group and yes...thanks for being my friend! ;)

pickel said...

You making fun of me?

The Gang's Momma said...

i really ought to get my hiney over there. i keep getting messages from them over at facebook. it looks so interesting, but with all the posts i try to write, and read, i'm sure my family will never see me again if i join one more site. . . . maybe tomorrow :)