About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Navigating Between Two Mothers -- first mother Lorraine Dusky at Birth Mother/ First Mother Forum... her observations about her daughter's struggles to form relationships with both her first mother and adoptive mother during the teen years

Just Thinking
-- adoptive momma (domestic U.S., but living in Australia) Kohana at Growing Family... her conflicted and confused thoughts about adoption

If Only the New Disney Princess Could be More Like Mulan
-- adoptive momma (China) Joanne Bamberger at PunditMom... y'all know how much I am anti-Princess and pro-Mulan - how could I NOT include this link?

U.S. Births Hint at Bias for Boys in Asian Families
-- guest writer and aspiring novelist Linda Chan at 8 Asians... the preference for boys, so prevalent in some Asian countries, appears to be creeping its way into the United States

Different Decisions = Different Families = That's Okay! -- first mother Firemom at Stop, Drop and Blog... a recent blog "argument" between WAHMs and WOHMs reminds Firemom of arguments among the adoption triad

Babies!!! - adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... links to blogs of families who received referrals this month through the China adoption program

Don't Go Crossing My Boundaries -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Liana at Welcome to the Dollhouse... why she finds it so very difficult to deal with boundary crossers on adoption-related posts, even though she copes well with them when she writes about other topics [HAT TIP to Melissa at Stirrup Queens]

The Madonna Effect -- adoptive momma (Cambodia and Vietnam) Christina at Voices for Vietnam Adoption Integrity... thoughts about the recent court ruling in Malawi about little Mercy

4 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy Father's Day! Thank you for visiting..... Love reading your Sunday links.

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Nine Months!

delucchi family said...

Hey there, thanks for visiting my blog, love the links and understand the pain of loosing a loved one. Its my brothers death anniversary this week and no matter how hard I try it always is a sad day. Lots of Love
Jules
xxx

Sharie said...

Great links! I couldn't agree more about Mulan and the princesses. I tried unsuccessfully to get Amelia to prefer Mulan over the princesses - perhaps if she wore a pink sparkly dress while battling the huns I would have a chance with my girly girl:(

prechrswife said...

Haven't had a chance to look at all of the links, but did you notice that one of the babies listed on RQ's blog list is a Tonggu baby? :-)