About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Glimmers of Joy and Signs of Hope -- foster momma (China) Carrie at Signs of Hope... answering a question from a reader who asked what it's like in the trenches, seeing and knowing so many abandoned children

Being "Less Than"
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... thoughts after hearing others opinions about her upcoming reunion with her birth family

The things people say... -- an adoptive momma (domestic, open) at Chasing a Child... questions people ask and her responses, both internal and external

An adult Guatemalan adoptee
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Kim Jai Ran at Harlow's Monkey points us to a You-Tube video entitled "Who Wants to Be Adopted?," created by adult adoptee (Guatemala) David Murray, who regularly blogs at The Way of the Murr

in a parallel universe... -- adoptive momma (China) Mama D at zarfing sunshine... helpful conversations with her child's educational team

Adoption Update -- hoping to adopt (Guatemala) The Queen B... a prospective adoptive parent navigates the early process of adoption, after meeting and falling in love with an older, special needs child living in a Guatemalan orphanage

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... links to blogs of families who received referrals this month through the China program

Why Should We Care About the Fight to Open Adoption Records? -- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart, but who regularly blogs at Musings of the Lame... why all members of the adoption triad should fight for open adoption records, even if one adopted internationally

Look alikes -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn at this woman's work... a recent conversation with her daughter about family resemblance

5 comments:

sara said...

SIX days worth of babies!?!?! Woop! Woop!

I will have to check out some linkys later!

Mei-Ling said...

Issy's post is now PW-protected. Not sure if you want to keep the link up.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Thanks, Mei-Ling! It's gone now.

Queen B said...

Thank you for including us.

I'm always amazed at your Sunday links...this community is so inspiring!

rosemary said...

I always tune in for your sunday links. Well sometimes its more like I tune in about a month later and catch up but I enjoy them all the same. Thanks for sharing perspectives!